DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC4 Official announcement (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/54775-dvc4-official-announcement.html)

Dylan Couper November 21st, 2005 08:54 PM

DVC4 Official announcement

At long last, official DVC4 news!

Lets start off with... Rob Lohman has joined the DVC4 team as web ninja. He will be doing the website maintenance and updates, thanks Rob! Any website stuff can be directed right towards him. We may have 2 more people joining the team in the near future, but we'll talk about that later.

What you want to know:
The DVC4 theme will be announced Thursday Dec 1st.
DVC4 will end at midnight of Sunday Dec 11th. Yes, this means a full extra weekend. This is to compensate for the short notice on the start date.
The theme will be holiday related.

THE PRIZE
OK.... a big change here.
With the holidays coming, we are going to collectively raise some money for charity!
All DVC4 proceeds and prizes will be collected into one big grand prize, which then will be donated to the charity of the winner's choice.

Entry is still free, but since 100% is going to charity, Santa is checking his list to see who donates and who doesn't. Even if everyone donates $10 we are looking at a substantial amount of money to help out others. I'm currently discussing donation amounts with our sponsors.

But Dylan, you don't seem to be the help out your fellow man type, what gives? It makes me feel good, it'll make you feel good too. That's all.

Mike Teutsch November 21st, 2005 09:04 PM

Great, a new challenge! I'm in, if only to embarrass myself. If I can help in anyway please let me know. I may have t-shirt contacts ect. and maybe we can set up a mailing system to save money. I've given up on winning, or perhaps I've just become realistic after 58 years, but I will participate and try to contribute.

Single old guy, living by himself, Holiday theme, hey it "will" be a challenge!

Great to see you back on line Dylan, and like I said, anything to help just count me in. You know my email.

Welcome back!

Mike

Sean McHenry November 22nd, 2005 01:25 AM

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in...pant, pant...throw the ball...throw the ball...pant, pant...

Waiting on Dec 1st.

Sean

Fredrik-Larsson November 22nd, 2005 04:06 AM

Well... I am in. I have little time. Several exams but... I have always wondered what it's like to be on WOS... Now Fredrik... press "Submit Reply" before you think to change your mind... aarhgh... too late..

Josh Johnson November 22nd, 2005 07:06 AM

I am... what's the word??? Oh... IN....

I'm in... yay!

Dick Mays November 22nd, 2005 11:55 AM

I think I'm in, I think I'm in...

Tyler Baptist November 22nd, 2005 01:57 PM

I'm in like a lump of coal in my stocking this year!

Dylan Couper November 22nd, 2005 03:29 PM

The sign up thread is here guys. :)
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...d=1#post386128

MORE DVC4 NEWS!
Because it is a charity event, I'm changing the rules of the game a little, for this one.
All persons previously disqualified from competing may now compete!
This includes any sponsors, past judges,DVC4 team members, and ME.
We will be judging as follows: Everyone who submits a film gets a vote on Best Film. Simple as that!
This gives a nice chance for all of you to say you whipped my butt in a fair competition. I will probably have an impartial party tally the votes.

Mike Teutsch November 22nd, 2005 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
The sign up thread is here guys. :)
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...d=1#post386128

MORE DVC4 NEWS!
Because it is a charity event, I'm changing the rules of the game a little, for this one.
All persons previously disqualified from competing may now compete!
This includes any sponsors, past judges,DVC4 team members, and ME.
We will be judging as follows: Everyone who submits a film gets a vote on Best Film. Simple as that!
This gives a nice chance for all of you to say you whipped my butt in a fair competition. I will probably have an impartial party tally the votes.

Dylan,

I like that idea of letting all compete! Found humor in your use of the word "probably" in the last line. I'm sure you can tally them just fine by yourself.

Mike

Nick Hiltgen November 22nd, 2005 04:46 PM

Can I make a suggestion that we have two votes for best film, the first being for the film we liked best (our own) and the second being for the film that really was the best. Seems like it might make it a little less likely for a 35 way tie.

Dylan Couper November 22nd, 2005 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Hiltgen
Can I make a suggestion that we have two votes for best film, the first being for the film we liked best (our own) and the second being for the film that really was the best. Seems like it might make it a little less likely for a 35 way tie.

LOL
OK, rule #1, you can't vote for your own film. We'll call it the Nick rule.

Pete Bauer November 22nd, 2005 07:52 PM

Ok, I PROMISE I won't vote for my own film (fingers crossed!)
;-)~

Sean McHenry November 23rd, 2005 07:34 AM

Yeah, me too...I never vote for my own....

...In the dark of the basement at Muppet Labs, a secret bank of PCs is set up to swing the vote in favor of his own short films...

Professor
"Beaker - throw the Voting Machine switch, now!"

Beaker
"meep mee beep noo"

and the machinery hums...

Sean

Nick Hiltgen November 23rd, 2005 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
LOL
OK, rule #1, you can't vote for your own film. We'll call it the Nick rule.

Well uh, gee that's swell. I'm not exactly sure how to take having a rule named after me...

Adam Keen November 23rd, 2005 08:02 AM

Well then, vote for one that is decent, but not in the top, to not give your strongest competition any help.