DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   Dv Challenge #4 Now Closed! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/55950-dv-challenge-4-now-closed.html)

Dylan Couper December 12th, 2005 03:50 PM

Dv Challenge #4 Now Closed!

DVC4 is now closed! Congrats to everyone who got a film in, good work! And to those who didn't, you're lucky the wall of shame is postponed... :)

Ok, I'm going to go through all the films tonight, will have links/judging rules set up by mid week.

I haven't counted the exact number, but I believe we have raised a total of $520 for the winner's charity! I'll update that as well.

Mitchell Stookey December 12th, 2005 10:23 PM

How many completed films were submitted?

Sean McHenry December 12th, 2005 10:30 PM

In another thread Dylan mentioned there were around 10 submissions.

Seean

Jipsi Kinnear December 12th, 2005 10:39 PM

Only 10, that's sad. By all the chatter I was reading over the past couple of weeks, I would have thought there would be at least 50 shorts submitted. I was looking forward to seeing an international take on a set theme, from concept to release in 11 days. C'est la vie...

Mitchell Stookey December 12th, 2005 10:41 PM

Alot of people displayed interest, but I think as busy as Christmas is combined with the lack of wall of shame, it was easier for people to give up on this one.

Jonathan Jones December 12th, 2005 10:59 PM

Actually, in the back of my head I kinda knew that I wouldn't really be a contender this time around...I hoped... as I wanted to keep a streak going since DVC#1 - but as I was running up against an impossible deadline, I pulled to many all-nighters editing on stuff and wound up in bed for a week with a cold and flu.....bummer, 'cuz I was really going to go the cheapo route this time by making a short with my camera phone...I was even going to rip off Dylan's idea of drunken spirits stealing holiday cheer.etc....just to have a submission, but as it ended up, I just couldn't get my self in gear...made a little easier in that there was no WOS this time around - but at least I was able to kick in a little for charity - which is pretty much what my general goal is anyhow....so cheers everyone! Congrats to the winner and 'good on ya' to those who managed to pulll it together and submit something.
-Jon

Dick Mays December 13th, 2005 06:14 AM

Wel,, I'm sorry for all of ya'll that got sick, were in pain, or too busy to complete your DV4 project. But, on the bright side, I'll be able to tell my acting kids that their film made the top ten!

Daniel Kohl December 13th, 2005 06:20 PM

I can't wait to see all the submissions. It's too bad that I couldn't trash something together last minute, just to have avoided my own wall of shame - unfortunately now I'm up one and down two. I plan to correct that ratio. I just hope that Dylan continues to run this thing.

No excuses - but my situation is kind of like that of Jonathan's only I'm still in the middle of the project.

Compliments to all those who entered anything (even before seeing them).

I can't wait to see Dylan's

Dylan Couper December 14th, 2005 12:34 PM

Got 13 entries. Considering how close we are to Christmas, I think that's a pretty good turnout. Even more important, we raised over $500 for charity.

I'm trying to get a couple people's films working properly before I start posting them, but if I can't I'll post those ones last and start posting the first ones tomorrow.

Mitchell Stookey December 15th, 2005 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Ok, I'm going to go through all the films tonight, will have links/judging rules set up by mid week.

Dylan, it's 20 minutes away from being Friday! That's not mid week, that's end of week. Your killing me here! I can't take the suspense.

Sean McHenry December 16th, 2005 10:06 AM

OK, now it's mid Friday here in the midwest. Itching to see the other entries.

Either the 12 year old stuff got him or he has actual paying work to do.

Still standing by.

Sean

Riley Harmon December 16th, 2005 10:56 AM

he went to mexico

Sean McHenry December 16th, 2005 11:03 AM

You mean with the money and the 12 year old (scotch)?

I know how that sounds...he always did look a bit shifty around the eyes...

Maybe he's looking for a "grey market" XL2?

Sean ; p

Chris Hurd December 16th, 2005 11:16 AM

He went to Mexico with a twelve year old? What the hell is going on around here? Seriously, I'm sure Dylan is snowed under worse than I am, so please allow at least the weekend for leeway...

Josh Johnson December 16th, 2005 01:07 PM

Hey,

Well, I have a small solution for you waiting for videos to watch! Since I missed the deadline for my short, it is not bound by any official release schedule and I should be able to show it freely! :)

I still haven't had a chance to finish it, my work as a programmer has picked up and I have been writing code instead of making videos. Soooo, please ignore the bad mask lines, bad camera audio (I recorded with a better external mic and haven't synced it up yet), and bad reused music (used on my DVC#3 short)...

Hope you all enjoy!

http://www.josh-j.com/TheGift/

Thanks,
Josh