Feedback on "Shark Hunting" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old December 19th, 2005, 12:10 AM   #16
New Boot

Thanks Lorinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Jimmy, this is an excellent movie. I got caught up in it immediately, and the feel you captured impressed me to no end. Wonderful !!!

My favorite scene? Near the end, when "Papa" moves away from the picture and we first see the faint blur of the bars... WOW!!!
Thanks Lorinda,
Getting the real jail cell, with those terrifying bars was essential to capture the moment to make the story happen.
Jimmy Bustos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2005, 12:14 AM   #17
New Boot

Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugurel Dragusin
Definitelly my favorite by now. Very well done. Great story telling, especially with a title that in the first place looks like a "mistitling" if may I say so, but then fits perfectly :)

I don't think is not subtle, I find it subtle enough, just right.
Thanks Mugurel,
The original title was going to be "Papa" Then I realized "Shark Hunting"
would be a more abstarct title, for this film.
Old December 19th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #18
New Boot

Thanks Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Baptist
Awesome short. Really good editing and cinematography. And some high-priority locations there! Nice work! So far, this is my fav of the vids posted. Really good work.
Thanks Tyler.
Old December 19th, 2005, 01:01 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Bustos
Try this link Benjamin http://www.vimeo.com/user=VictorLobo it's only good till today. Good luck.
Thanks Jimmy, it worked.

Very nice movie.
Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2005, 02:04 AM   #20
Major Player

Downloaded all the videos over the weekend, but was unable to watch them. Too much going on. But, thanks to insomnia, I can now go through all of the entries.

Wasn't able to download "Shark Hunting," was able to watched it. This is the first video I have seen, and ... wow! What a beautiful little story.

Beautiful pictures and lighting, the story draws you in, then the reveal at the end. I didn't see it coming at all. Makes you think about things after the short is over. Why was he in jail? Is our justice system fair?

Love the abstract title, "Shark Hunting." I love the picture of the sharks in the water, and the little boy carefully working on it.

Favorite camera angle is the back of Papa's head as he puts the picture on the wall, the strong edge lighting, and just when I feel like complaining that the picture is too dark, I realize he is in a cell...

I'd write more, but I've gotta go watch the rest of these!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2005, 11:05 AM   #21
Trustee

Despite the "right click" warning I was able to download it after letting it play once in the browser window. I am archiving all versions of everyones videos so maybe we can make CDROMs of them for everyone.

I liked the shooting.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #22
Major Player

great

I think this was my favorite... I will say that the ending reminded me of a DWI commercial on TV. But this is a very well produced film... great job.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge