How's the progress? - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old March 24th, 2006, 08:42 AM   #106
Regular Crew

As of 2:37am last night(well, today). . .I am completely finished! I'm so excited for the contest, the total run time is only 3 frames short of 5 minutes and I am very pleased with the outcome. I hope all is going well with everyone, keep at er! I'm looking forward to seeing everyones :)
Steve Shilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #107
Major Player

yeah, I'm almost done now, just have 3 more scenes to shoot which I'll do next week. I've already pretty much edited what I've already shot, so not too much to do.
Andrew Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #108
Regular Crew

Tomorrow is the big day

I worked on the score a bit this week. I created a few sound effects that may or may not be used. I also did some test shooting.

Tomorrow I start shooting for real. The indoor shots will be done tomorrow. Outdoor shots will be done on Sunday.

Editing should be complete by Monday, April 3rd.

Lots of fun stuff going on here!
Scott Cozad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #109
Major Player

Shooting begins tomorrow at o'dark30. Supposed to be a cold morning which will work well....just hope the winds are down. Should be able to rap up all the exteriors then. Looking forward to seeing it in post. Actually, I'll be glad when it's all over! How did you guys all do it in a WEEK??? Next DVC will REALLY be a challenge.....
www.elpilon.com
Edward Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 03:25 PM   #110
Major Player

[QUOTE=Steve Shilson]total run time is only 3 frames short of 5 minutes and I am very pleased with the outcome. QUOTE]

Steve, did I miss something? I thought we were lilmited to four minutes. I can add the bag lady back into the script if I have an extra minute...
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #111
Regular Crew

Quote Dylan Couper in the http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=62462 thread.
"Running time is extended to a full five minutes. Your film doesn't have to run that long, but it is there if you want it. I'd still prefer to see three minute films."

You made me really second guess myself there, I was really scared for a second :p
Steve Shilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #112
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shilson
Quote Dylan Couper in the http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=62462 thread.
"Running time is extended to a full five minutes. Your film doesn't have to run that long, but it is there if you want it. I'd still prefer to see three minute films."

You made me really second guess myself there, I was really scared for a second :p
Great! Now I can credit all my extras!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 11:25 AM   #113
Major Player

Well, as it was, "Murphy" was along for the ride. We didn't get to the first site (that I needed fairly dark) until the sun was almost up. TOO much light already when I'm pulling out the equipment, only to discover I left the camera plate for the tripod AT HOME!!! Grrrrr! Bad start, folks. So, I had to rest the camera on the tripod head. Good thing I don't have to pan anything!

Then, in some of the shots, I forgot a key prop I'm supposed to wear, so I had to REshoot. One (touristy) area we were supposed to shoot was shut down for maintenance....ON A SATURDAY???? By about this time, I've had just about enough.

Did get some good footage though, so we're well underway. Far cry from two weeks ago when the theme was announced and I was jumping for joy because I had an idea, music and talent set up already. Never good to get cocky with these things......
www.elpilon.com
Edward Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 12:15 PM   #114
Major Player

tomorrow I wrap up shooting and begin post. I shot all my indoor stuff last weekend, and tomorrow is the outdoor stuff. I tried to schedule around the weather. After the first round of shooting, true to myself, I completely rewrote the script. One of those ahaa, my story sucks moments.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 03:32 PM   #115
Major Player

Figured I'd keep you guys updated; things are rolling right along by me. Shot at another location (the most distinctly Miller Place of the places I'm shooting, though you'd never know it from the sign...you'll understand what I mean once the movie's done) today, and picked up that voiceover I needed. Set to reshoot some things tomorrow morning, and after that I'll only have one scene left to shoot, then on with editing. Haven't even attempted editing yet, though I probably should. I'm just worried I'll end up wanting to reshoot everything, or simply give up 'cause I feel stupid. Eh, I'll just have to get over it, I guess.

Now if I could just decide what to do about music...
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 04:13 PM   #116
Regular Crew

I am still not yet even started. I Just have been too busy (and lazy). Hopefully I'll get something together by the deadline.
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #117
Inner Circle

Finally was able to cobble together a script, but tendon surgery is taking longer to recover from than I originally thought. Still basically one handed. But I so want to avoid the wall of shame this time...
Old March 27th, 2006, 02:34 AM   #118
Major Player

Emailed my 3 minutes codology thoroughly pixellated on 22nd. Bad 'n all as it is I hope it can be uprezzed, to keep eye-injury to a minimum.

Thanks for all the guidance and encouragement, especially Meryem, without whom it would not have gone anywhere. Now off to the cliffs of Extremadura!

aka videoraptor
Brendan Marnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #119
Major Player

Oh god, one of my eBay items arrived today but I was asleep! Since they didn't leave it at the door, I'll either have to get it today at 5 (if it's in today) or more likely tomorrow at 1.
Old March 27th, 2006, 12:51 PM   #120
Tourist

Writing script, got the idea, making it fit into theme and location requirements.
Josh Dickison is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge