How's the progress? - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old March 27th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #121
Major Player

Have a rough cut done and recorded most of my voices over the weekend. Unfortunately work is using up my laptop so I don't expect much progress on this until it's weekend again. Sigh.
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #122
Trustee

Chris, been there. Read my threads on the Christmas challenge. Had shoulder surgery so I had to finish mine early on that one to fit in the recovery time.

Still working on recovery. Shoulder stuff takes a while. Not too painful, just limited on range of motion still.

On topic - I haven't shot a frame yet. I am still working on the story line. I have a good "gag" for how to shoot it, I just need the reason to shoot it this way and a real story behind it. This is what happens when I am given too long to think about it. Plus I am working like a fiend on a semi-professional music video project of my own. You can read about it on the web site...

Good luck everyone. 1 week plus is it? I'll have something to show. I just hope the inspiration hits me like a thunderbolt - SOON!

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 04:06 PM   #123
Regular Crew

I've got an idea -- an idea I actually like -- but I can't find a good heart anywhere. I've checked the meat markets for something that could look like a human heart, like a pig's heart, but they're telling me that certain things aren't allowed to be sold by the FDA.

Oh, and I have yet to find a little girl to play the lead. This is gonna be close to the wire, if it happens.
Robert Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #124
Trustee

Usually I am the darker one around here but with you looking for a heart and a little girl, I'm getting morbidly curious.

I always remember what W. C. Fields used to say - never work with small children or dogs.

Try asking around the vets or a vet school. I wonder if they have anything on Ebay?

Sean McHenry

Old March 29th, 2006, 11:59 AM   #125
Regular Crew

Finished shooting? Not!

Well, I finished shooting on Sunday and then started looking at what I had. Some of it is not good. This project is really stretching me, and I am really struggling with the lighting. Specifically, I am having a hard time keeping the lighting consitent from scene to scene. I will need to reshoot some of it this coming weekend.
Scott Cozad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #126
Major Player

I start shooting this weekend. I'm hoping to get it all shot on Saturday and Sunday, then have next week to edit.
Old March 29th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #127
Trustee

Ditto.

Sean

Old March 29th, 2006, 12:20 PM   #128
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Utley
I start shooting this weekend. I'm hoping to get it all shot on Saturday and Sunday, then have next week to edit.
Did the deadline get moved back? The threads I saw say the films are due midnight April 2nd, which according to my calendar is this coming Sunday.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 12:25 PM   #129
Major Player

In the DVC5 announcement thread, he said the deadline is April 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Closing date for the competition is April 8th. This gives you a full month (mostly because that is when I get back from Africa).
Old March 29th, 2006, 12:27 PM   #130
Major Player

Well, imagine that. Could've sworn it was the second. Odd.

Thanks for the good news, Mark, looks like I've got even more time to nitpick my editing.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #131
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Martens
Well, imagine that. Could've sworn it was the second. Odd.

Thanks for the good news, Mark, looks like I've got even more time to nitpick my editing.

In Dylans first post announcing that we were going to start DV#5 soon, he did say the second.

Then after the changes and trip announcement the date was changed to the eighth. Had me confused too.

Mik\e
Old March 30th, 2006, 01:54 PM   #132
Trustee

That's what caught me last week. I thought it was over this weekend also. Thank goodness it's not. I have been so busy organizing my other shoot and location hunting (begging and pleading for a church to let me shoot a vampire story in their building), and finishing my studio space at night... I'm tired.

I suddenly remembered Lilly's song in Blazing Saddles...she's tired.

Sean

Old March 30th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #133
New Boot

My partner is an experimental choreographer, and currently in the MFA program @ University California Riverside... who is basically constructing a series of gestures based on "reflections" and whatever props I give her for this entry.

This is really going to be something curious here for sure.

Being that identity construction (with cultural and feminist undertones) is her thing... combined with my exagerrated aesthetic.

I'm warning you now something very experimental is going to come out of this. She's already suggested basing the entire piece around a toilet and carrying a TV down my neighborhood (something about developing photographs in a toilet too).
Christopher Ruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #134
Major Player

Progress report: Nothing shot yet. I have my location rented out for tomorrow and Saturday, and have actors coming and most of the props lined up. I'm kinda nervous but with a lot of work and planning tonight I think I'm in good shape. Hope the weather holds.
Philip Gioja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #135
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Ruiz
She's already suggested basing the entire piece around a toilet and carrying a TV down my neighborhood (something about developing photographs in a toilet too).

Well......my curiosity is aroused.....and I feel genuinely creepy using that term in this case.

-Jon

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge