DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   How's the progress? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/62615-hows-progress.html)

Mark Utley March 11th, 2006 05:48 PM

How's the progress?

How's everyone's progress coming? Do you have your idea yet? When will you start shooting?

I've got my idea. I'll need to order a couple things off eBay so I'll have to wait until they arrive to start shooting. In the meantime, I'm gonna get writing.

Aaron Koolen March 11th, 2006 06:01 PM

Got my idea, but thinking it's a little complicated now, so dunno what I'll do. Might be time for a rethink already :)

Kris Holodak March 11th, 2006 07:17 PM

I spent today scouting locations. I think I walked 6 miles. I'm going to have to figure something out when I've actually got gear with me. I just hope next weekend is as nice as today was.

Mike Teutsch March 11th, 2006 07:39 PM

I've got two ideas so far, but don't yet know how to proceed. One is with myself as the only person in it, and I think that everyone is pretty tired of me already.

The other involves many others, and I don't know if I can get the cooperation I need. Not used to releases and all of that!

Good luck to all, let's make some kick-ass films!!!!-----Mike

Edward Slonaker March 11th, 2006 08:20 PM

This is my first DVC and I'm pumped! I've got the script done (such as it is for a 3-minute video), the music's already on track. The talent is out of town this weekend, but we'll start shooting next week sometime. I scouted the locations the evening the theme was announced. Got pictures to use as storyboards. A couple of places I'm not quite sure I can pull off.....but it is a "challenge," right?

Can't wait to get it all on tape and start editing!

Good luck, y'all!

Philip Boyer March 13th, 2006 07:38 AM

I've got the first draft of my wall of shame excuse written.

Dick Mays March 13th, 2006 08:30 AM

Clueless in Hoscthon Georgia. Got to use local scenery? There's nothing around here but a Waffle House.... hummm..

Andrew Todd March 13th, 2006 08:37 AM

reflections is definately my least favourite word this week

Jean-Francois Robichaud March 13th, 2006 08:49 AM

Nothing... Inspiration has eluded me so far. Maybe I should start making up my excuse, just like Philip said. Or maybe something will come to me a few days before the deadline. This is usually what happens.

Andrew Todd March 13th, 2006 09:12 AM

hey jean... our short could be : simialiarities between us.. the french canadian and the english canadian.. showing us both stuck with the same problem... tyring to figure out what to make for a 3-5 minute short on reflections. you'll be my reflection and ill be yours..

oh my ideas are getting more and more desperate.

Lorinda Norton March 13th, 2006 09:19 AM

So far so nothing.

But for those of us who are clueless at the moment, wait 'til the last week and our backs are against the wall! We'll kick in gear then. (People like me shouldn't be given more than a week.)
:)

Dylan Couper March 13th, 2006 09:25 AM

For DVC2, I purposely waited until the afternoon the competition closed before beginning my short (Secret Confessions of a DVinfo Moderator), just to prove that you didn't need to go big with it.

HOWEVER.... Considering you are going to need to show us a lot of the sights of your city... You'd better not wait that long.

I may submit something from what I shoot in Africa. Don't worry, I can't win my own competition (or can I...;)

Andrew Khalil March 13th, 2006 10:24 AM

I've got an idea (sort of) and a friend who'll act in it, but I still need to make a script and set a shoot date.

Mike Teutsch March 13th, 2006 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
But wait 'til the last week and our backs are against the wall! We'll kick in gear then. (People like me shouldn't be given more than a week.)
:)

You can say that again!

Mike

Bradley L Marlow March 13th, 2006 01:30 PM

Clueless in Stickville...my brain hurts.

However, considering Dylan DID also say "countryside"...there may be hope.