How many finished DVC5? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old April 9th, 2006, 04:58 PM   #1
Trustee

How many finished DVC5?

OK, we had tons of folks in at the onset. I was wondering how many finished and submitted something? I got it together and sent a link to a finished video about 15 minutes before the deadline - 2:45am here in Ohio. I even like it.

So, show of hands, who finished?

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:06 PM   #2
Major Player

I finished and I like my video as well and I probably wouldn't have done it if it weren't for the contest, so I'm glad I signed up for it and I look foreward to future ones.
Andrew Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #3
Major Player

I finished. I was mostly done this past Monday but kept doing minor touch-ups until Saturday afternoon.
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:14 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I did NOT finish this one! :(

I was seriously thinking of a 30-sec shot of Lisbon reflecting from the river (your same idea, Sean), but decided against it, since hitting the wall actually gives me enought disgrace to push me into doing something to be proud of in DVC#6.

Life goes one. I'm very curious to see what you people came up with!

Hugo
Hugo Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:20 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Submitted mine on Friday.

I sent my links to email on Friday. A couple hours later went back to email, and saw it was bounced back for bad address. Just readdressed it.

This is first competition, and I learned a lot about how things should have been done......
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #6
Major Player

I finished and had fun doing it. My "talent" was better behaved than I expected, and I got good practice on some new gear. So I'd say it was successful over all.
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:35 PM   #7
Major Player

I finished, uploaded, and sent the e-mail last Sunday. My first DVC and I'm anxious to see the other entries. Good luck, folks!
www.elpilon.com
Edward Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:36 PM   #8
Major Player

I'll add my name to the list; finished my endless nudging, tweaking, and massaging on Friday, spent a few hours encoding and reencoding the file to see what settings I liked best, and submit the links toward the end of the day. I've been fidgeting ever since.

Glad to say I've finally completed something for once, especially something with audio (I did one other little movie in 2004, but screwed up the initial audio recording; meant to go back and add sound effects and music, but never did). I've been here since, what, June 2003? So a few months shy of three years and God only knows how many thousands of dollars (I've saved all my receipts, might be interesting to add it all up) later, I finally did what I meant to do in the first place. Talk about over schedule.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Began shooting Friday at 8:00 p.m., finished editing by Saturday at 8:00 p.m. so I still had time to go out for drinks! Haha, start to finish in 24 hours, just my style.
Mitchell Stookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #10
Wrangler

finished. not too shabby. not as perfect as i'd like, imagistically speaking. great voice-over though.....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #11
Inner Circle

My only good plot stepped on the toes of some friends here, so I just decided to sit this one out. Not going to do a bad one, just to stay off of the wall!

Hang me high!

Mike
Old April 9th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #12
Major Player

finished too.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 06:58 PM   #13
Regular Crew

I also finished. And out of the whole month we had to get this done I had only ONE day I could possibly film because of work. I worked 32 days in a row, and it was fun......
Old April 9th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #14
Major Player

Finished shooting and editing a week ago, but played around with Quicktime rendering till last Friday. I've liked all my films, but this is the first one my wife liked. Hope ya'll like it too!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 07:09 PM   #15
Major Player

I'm finished too. Completed 04/05/06 and am pleased with how it turned out. Especially given the fact that this was my first creation where I had absolutely no cast or crew. Difficult-but a blast!

Even had some time to be involved in another great short film-very exciting!

Mike T. - I'm surprised by your comment about "stepping on toes". Did you personally like your plot?

Sean M. - Great job finishing! Was pulling for you last night to "git 'er done!"

PS: I'm going to estimate that 28 people finished.

Congratulations everone!

Best wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge