DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   I'm back baby! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/64733-im-back-baby.html)

Dylan Couper April 10th, 2006 04:44 AM

I'm back baby!

Made it back alive!
Great trip, but good to be home. I'm under some serious jet lag and recovering from some serious food poisoning (Thanks Luftansa!) I just took a skim through the submissions and counted 25-30 entries (some duplicates).
I will do my very best to start posting these this week, along with judging instructions.

That's it for now, I'll post my travel story in a seperate thread later.
Cheers!

D

Dick Mays April 10th, 2006 06:18 AM

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out
Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about
Well the names have all changed since you hung around
But those dreams have remained and they've turned around
Who'd have thought they'd lead ya
(who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Back here where we need ya
(back here where we need ya)
Yeah we tease him a lot cause we got him on the spot
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

Sean McHenry April 10th, 2006 07:53 AM

I can name that show from the first line you sweathogs you.

Yeah, glad to hear you didn't end up as Lion chow. Ever see "The Veldt". Old Ray Bradbury story.

So, take a few minutes for yourself before you start wading through the entries. I figure if everyone came in at exactly 5 minutes, and you are right in that there are 25 actual entries, you've got about 2.08 hours of short films to smile through. Good luck with that.

So, hope you had a good time while we were all sweating it out till the last possible second here. If you want some fun reading, check out the thread on "what did we learn". Mostly I think we learned if you give us enough time, we'll put it off till the last 48 hours and rush like mad people.

Good to have you back on this side of the equator.

Rob Lohman April 10th, 2006 07:55 AM

Good to hear you're back safe and sound Dylan! Shoot me an e-mail will ya?

Meryem Ersoz April 10th, 2006 07:59 AM

looking forward to the travel story. hope it was full of wild times and amazing footage. welcome back....

now i have that dang song stuck in my head, thanks for that! arrr....

Lorinda Norton April 10th, 2006 08:49 AM

Welcome home, Dylan!!! All is right with the world again. :) Can't wait to hear about the trip!

Bradley L Marlow April 10th, 2006 09:06 AM

Hi Dylan- Welcome home! Nice to know you made it back in nearly one piece. Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. I KNOW how unpleasant that can be.

Anyone for a "Dylan DV Challenge"? Perhaps 30 days to take all that footage from Africa and make a 5 minute film on Reflections? Is this an evil plan? Muuhahahahaha!

Philip Gioja April 10th, 2006 09:17 AM

Sounds good to me -- I'll vote on that one!

Hugh DiMauro April 10th, 2006 09:38 AM

Welcome Back, Bro-heem! You're with family again.

Mark Utley April 10th, 2006 10:34 AM

Welcome back! Hope you get feeling better.

Edward Slonaker April 10th, 2006 10:38 AM

Welcome back, Dylan!

Hmmm...food poisoning from honey roasted peanuts???? Well, hope ya get to feelin' better soon.

Hugo Pinto April 10th, 2006 10:49 AM

Welcome back, Dylan!

How'd you find the strange feeling of seeing the sun set on the other half of the world? Did it make you reflect about life? ;)

Cheers,

Hugo

Richard Zlamany April 10th, 2006 11:29 AM

Glad you are back. Happy you made it home safe and sorry about the food poisoning. Hope you feel well soon. :-)

Michael Fossenkemper April 10th, 2006 08:48 PM

Damit, I told them to give the pilot of the plane the bad food. I was hoping he'd get sick and you'd be delayed and we would all have a couple of days to do some more work. Damn those skychef's.

Chris Hurd April 10th, 2006 09:30 PM

I just knew those bribes would work to get you out of that foreign jail. Welcome back to Cananada,