DVC'ers at NAB - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old April 28th, 2006, 01:39 AM   #31
Major Player

I hear ya Dylan...

Sounds like you and perhaps a few other DVC's had a great time!

When focus returns, let me know what you thought was the most exciting announcement/product revealed at NAB. Am curious.

Glad people are making it home safe and sound.

Best Wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 08:52 AM   #32
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley L Marlow
When focus returns, let me know what you thought was the most exciting announcement/product revealed at NAB. Am curious.
While Red had the most hype I think, Ultra High Definition was the only thing that blew me away.
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #33
Trustee

So, where's the video?

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #34
Wrangler

Can't speak for anyone else, but I had a GREAT time. I'd give details but my memory left with the departed brain cells.

Wait...I do remember that Dylan wouldn't let me touch his beads and Rob bought me a see-through chocolate cake. Other than that....

p.s. What video, Sean? There'd better not be any video. ;) Great meeting you, Bill !!!!
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #35
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Can't speak for anyone else, but I had a GREAT time. I'd give details but my memory left with the departed brain cells.

Wait...I do remember that Dylan wouldn't let me touch his beads and Rob bought me a see-through chocolate cake. Other than that....

p.s. What video, Sean? There'd better not be any video. ;) Great meeting you, Bill !!!!

Oh, there's video alright....you can send your blackmail payments to me at the 1st of each month.

Just kidding....was really nice to meet all the good folks of DVINFO. And here's a little hint to those who weren't in attendance. We get along even better than we do online!

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 04:55 AM   #36
Wrangler

I DO have the video, no joke. Ok, ok, so it's just a short clip of Dylan chugging a drink (fully clothed at that time, amazingly). I'll post it to my website this weekend unless Dylan suddenly arrives in Houston to break all my fingers and pull the SD card out of my camera.

Greg, OTOH, wasted his tape on silly things like announcements of revolutionary new cameras.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 05:15 AM   #37
Trustee

NAB - Vegas

I didn't realize how much I needed that trip until until I set foot back into Philadelphia.

Our Meet
Chris Hurd sharing his buns with the nice couple enjoying their chicken fingers sampler.
The fantastic group of DV Infoers, Dylan, Rob, Chris, Greg, Sean, Mike, Lorinda, Ed and Jo. Sorry if I missed anyone. I am beat.

When I get my head screwed on tighter and caffeine in my bloodstream, I will write more. I had more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I thank everyone for the time and experience of my life.

Chris Hurd's cowlick was more defined this trip. Kudos to you, Chris "Captain Morgan" Hurd. Your generosity is only exceeded by your superior, kind soul.

See everybody when I get back from Pennsylvania.

Hugh

Last edited by Hugh DiMauro; April 29th, 2006 at 05:32 PM.
Hugh DiMauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #38
Wrangler

it's all coming back...

Ah yes, every sordid detail...

What I will share is that the folks of DV Info Net are some of the greatest people on the planet. I already knew Hugh's face from last year in Miami. Finally getting to meet people like Pete, Greg, Rob, Dylan, Edward & Jo, Joe, Charles, Mike, Robert, Bill and others in person was such a thrill!! And then there's Chris--oh, my gosh, what a gentleman!!! (Not that the rest of you aren't--yes, even you, DC. :) Little wonder this site is the best on the Net; Chris is one extraordinary man. And he attracts extraordinary people.

Just a few personal notes: Pete, I'm wishing we'd had more time to talk. Next time? Greg, thank you so much for guiding us around the Central Hall and getting the ear of a Panasonic guy for me. Rob, I managed to get home with the PSP media manager you won at the VASST party. Want me to mail it? Mike, it's about time! Thank you for making and hauling those little connectors all the way for me, too!

And to Chris: Just can't say it enough--thank you so much for everything you do. :)

Last edited by Lorinda Norton; April 29th, 2006 at 05:07 PM.
Lorinda Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
p.s. What video, Sean? There'd better not be any video. ;)
There are no videos. And if there were any videos, they have been clearly faked. Filmed in a studio, with the red velvet decor chroma-keyed in and with clever look-a-likes for actors. Any photos that may or may not exist are also fake. Any picture with me in any state of debauchery whatsoever has obviously been Photoshopped.

And if anyone claims to have any evidence (lies) documenting any of this, please email me your name and address, so that my friendly friends in black suits can stop by and say hello. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Robert Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #40
Inner Circle

Just got back from Las Vegas this morning on a red eye flight and am only now going over some of the material gathered along the way.

Got really lucky the last night there and hit a royal flush at Main Street Station: scored 4000 . . . nickles!

It was good to finally be able to connect the names to the faces. No one looked or sounded the way I'd imagined so that means I'll have to reset all my mental images. Not that they were images of mentals... well, you know what I mean.

Had a great time! If you guys are in Honolulu drop a line. The first Mai Tai is on me.
Old April 29th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #41
Wrangler

Dean! I didn't mention your name because I never see you over here in the Challenge forum. You know what that means...

Now you have to sign up for DVC6!!!!!

So nice meeting you! :)
Old April 29th, 2006, 05:47 PM   #42
Inner Circle

Wow!

What a great time was had by all! I wish I had gotten there a day earlier and had been able to attend some other functions for the DV Info people. Next year, a couple of days earlier!

It is not just putting faces with names, it is putting faces and personalities with the names. There are so many great people involved with this forum! Chris, Dylan, Dean, Lorinda, Hugh, Robert, Rob, Greg, and on and on! I really missed not meeting Pete, but maybe next year.

For all of you who think you know all about Dylan, he holds his liquor better than advertised and is about 4 inches taller than he looks in his movies. I thought he was about 5' 10', but is more like 6' 2". Dylan and Rob were the good looking ladies men, but from all I seen, they struck out!!!!! Haaaaaa! Way too much time spent drinking, and little spent on chasing! Rob was just great! What a great thing for him to come all the way to Las Vegas!!!!!

Lorinda was the the sweet lovely lady that I expected, and more so! It was like I had known her for years!! The kindest sweetest and most beautiful person that you would ever meet! I hope to see her again soon. Maybe in Missouri?????? Hugh, Lorinda and I sheared a burger, but not by choice!!!! It was great though, and thanks very much to them for the invite.

Chris was the true gentleman I expected and a very special person indeed. He is the driving force for this great forum, no doubt about it!!! Whatever I can do to help, I will be more than happy to do it. What a great guy!

Dean, Robert, Greg and all were so much fun to talk to, and I wish I had had more time! There is going to be next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! “Plane” talk, for hours!!!!!

The show itself was mind-boggling! By next year I hope that I know more so I can absorb more info at the show. RED was great, the Canon and Sony booths were outstanding! I saw many things I did not even know existed. It is something you have to see to believe!!!!!

I thank the Gods for getting me a room so I could enjoy this event. Next year about the same days,,,,,,,,,,book early, I will. By the way, my last cab driver said that 135,000 people attended NAB. After bumping into many attendees, I believe it.

Thanks to all,

Mike
Old April 30th, 2006, 03:58 AM   #43
RED Code Chef

Thanks everyone, it was so great to see and finally meet y'all. Too many to
list by now and I'd probably forget some. I got back home safe (after a 4
hour flight, 4 hour layover and another 8 hour flight) to rain and cold weather.
Oh well, what can one do...

Lorinda: can you give it away to someone who has a PSP? I don't own one
myself so have no real use for it I'm afraid.

Joe: thank you so much for everything! I will get back in touch with you very
soon.

Robert: I'm afraid I have one such picture. I'll e-mail it to you in a sec... :)

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 05:28 AM   #44
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lohman
Robert: I'm afraid I have one such picture. I'll e-mail it to you in a sec... :)
Rob, I have WAAAAAAY more than one!
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 07:41 AM   #45
Trustee

Hey Ed:

That son of yours is quite the character actor. You must use his talents in an upcoming DV Challlenge. Those photos you proudly showed hit me like a child actor's portfolio.

Oh, and I've finally had the chance to use my DV Info swag pen in a real world situation! I dropped something behind my bureau and it lit the way for it's eventual rescue! I felt like James Bond! Not surprising since I obtained that very pen from DV Info's very own "Q" Branch quartermaster and armorer extraordinaire, Christopher "Major Boothroyd" Hurd.

Hey, so far I have given Chris two nicknames since NAB. Is that permitted?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge