DVC'ers at NAB - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old April 30th, 2006, 09:14 AM   #46
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
I DO have the video, no joke. Ok, ok, so it's just a short clip of Dylan chugging a drink (fully clothed at that time, amazingly). I'll post it to my website this weekend unless Dylan suddenly arrives in Houston to break all my fingers and pull the SD card out of my camera.

Greg, OTOH, wasted his tape on silly things like announcements of revolutionary new cameras.
As far as you know, Pete. Remember, my tally light stays off for a reason(hehe). Besides, I have a copy of your video as well since we dumped your SD card into my laptop. BTW, I am very impressed with the video quality coming out of that still camera.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #47
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
Rob, I have WAAAAAAY more than one!
That's right, Edward! You were gathering LOTS of evidence!! LOL!! Good thing we all conducted ourselves in manners worthy of DV Info. ;) So, when do we get to see some of these photos? (Or do we want to?)

I'm sorry you, Jo and I didn't get to have a proper goodbye, Edward. You know how long I've wanted to meet you, and it was wonderful. Tell Jo I will see her next time!
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:20 AM   #48
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch
Dylan and Rob were the good looking ladies men, but from all I seen, they struck out!!!!! Haaaaaa!
Wellllllll.... what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! ;)
I think I ended up with the best "only in Las Vegas" story of the trip, at least that I know of.
Old April 30th, 2006, 11:07 AM   #49
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Wellllllll.... what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! ;)
I think I ended up with the best "only in Las Vegas" story of the trip, at least that I know of.
OK, let us in on it! If not here, you have my email!

Mike
Old April 30th, 2006, 12:22 PM   #50
Sponsor: JET DV

Lorinda, I'll certainly do that. Looking forward to seeing you all again in the future!
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #51
Sponsor: JET DV

Hugh, that he is! I'll have to start looking in this forum more often and find some way to let him *star*.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 02:28 PM   #52
Trustee

Dylan and Mike

Hey Mike, Dylan is a very handsome fellow who can do alot of "networking" in whatever venue he chooses. I do not believe, for one second, that he struck out. No siree. The camera (and the girls) love him. I am sure the stories he has to tell will delight all. He da man!

;-)

Once again, I loved this trip. Makes New Jersey a bit more tolerable. At least for the time being.

Congrats to all of the DVC Fivers!

Last edited by Hugh DiMauro; April 30th, 2006 at 03:36 PM.
Hugh DiMauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 03:05 PM   #53
Inner Circle

Lorinda... Don't know if I'll enter a DV Challenge because of all the other stuff I'm doing. But if I ever have the time I might.

Was great seeing everyone. Peppers is a pretty nice place. Great choice, Chris. I wonder how they get that water to burn like that in the circular fireplace. It's a miracle of physics...

Unfortunately I had to split early on the evening of the great secret meeting due to an assignment horrendously early the next morning. Had to get up at 2:30 a.m. to get to Lake Mead by 5 a.m. Was interesting seeing the guides catch bass mostly because of the characters involved.

Also, those bass boats are incredibly fast. Something like 60 to 70 mph! I'm used to being on boats that don't go much more than 16 knots because of the water conditions in Hawaii. All the while I was thinking of those film clips where the boat goes airborne and blows up on impact. Mike... unfortunately those boats aren't made to fly.

Next time around it'll be strictly for the NAB convention. There's just too much to see, and not enough time. For anyone seriously considering upgrading or buying really expensive gear, there's no place like this to get a thorough, hands-on comparative experience. And the people who know the equpiment best are right there to guide you along and answer questions.

This was only my second one but it won't be my last.

My only disappointment was not hitting the big one on that Megabucks machine. I just don't understand why it didn't pay off! :-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge