DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   Dvc6? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/68891-dvc6.html)

William Gardner June 5th, 2006 09:43 AM

Dvc6?

Dylan,

Do you have any schedule in mind for DVC6? It's been around 3 months since DVC5 kicked off. I'm sure that I'm not the only one recharged and ready for another go sometime soon.

Bill

Chris Barcellos June 5th, 2006 11:10 AM

Me too, I'm ready after seeing all of the great stuff others did.

Meryem Ersoz June 5th, 2006 12:57 PM

kill me if you must, br'er dylan, but please oh please don't throw me in dat briar patch.....

Dick Mays June 5th, 2006 02:20 PM

I'm at the beach next week. Also have plans for the 4th of July. I suggest kicking it off on June 22 or July 6th, because after all, shouldn't we be trying to accomodate my schedule?

Michael Fossenkemper June 5th, 2006 05:02 PM

As long as we're posting our schedules, i'm not available until july. hahaha.

Dylan Couper June 5th, 2006 09:06 PM

Funny you mention it, it has been on my mind a lot lately. I've got 4 good ideas to change it up and have been tossing them around in my head for the last week.

I'm not going to make them public (although if you were one of the lucky DVCers at NAB, you'll know two of them), but I am open to any ideas other people have to throw out there. Actually, don't throw them out there, email them to me!

Sean McHenry June 6th, 2006 08:11 AM

Bring it on. I'm soon to be back in the saddle and ready for love... wait. That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, bring it on.

Sean McHenry

Michael Fossenkemper June 6th, 2006 08:16 AM

Have you been watching Broke Back mountain?

Lorinda Norton June 6th, 2006 10:35 AM

LOL, Michael! Sean, I think maybe you've been working too hard... :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
I've got 4 good ideas to change it up and have been tossing them around in my head for the last week.

I'm not going to make them public (although if you were one of the lucky DVCers at NAB, you'll know two of them)

This NABster barely recalls conversations from yesterday--forget about one from the DVC get-together back in April. No advantage for me...

I'm trying to decide on travel dates but would like to get in on DVC6, so the sooner the start date is posted the happier I will be. :)

Jeff Tyler June 6th, 2006 09:50 PM

It would be cool to have one during the summer as I dont have to worry about school work.

LeEarl Rugland June 6th, 2006 11:07 PM

I agree. I missed the last few for no real reason and I am ready for the next one. I have watch enough now and ready to submit once again. I say we get one started so we can shoot through July 4th. It takes a while to get everyone signed up, so I think if possible you should start start one soon. But I do not work in the summer!! haha

LeEarl

Andrew Hood June 7th, 2006 02:18 AM

I'm looking forward to the next one, though I'll be away from home for the next 4 weeks. May be able to get back on the weekends - though using public transport so that limits things.

I vote for Dick's idea of early July, but then do what works for you Dylan, and I'll try to make something happen. Just have to get everything planned before a madly rushed shoot and edit weekend. That will be a real challenge.
We'll see if I have a working DV500 by then either - damn parts take too long to arrive for the repair people.

Hugh DiMauro June 7th, 2006 07:35 AM

This time around I want to do something completely different. I mean, total left field.

Steve Sturdevant June 7th, 2006 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
This time around I want to do something completely different. I mean, total left field.

Cell phone cameras?
All hand held (no tripods)?
All indoors?
A single take for 3 minutes?
No actors?
Silent? (music only) (Sound effects only)
Still frames only (no video)?

Meryem Ersoz June 7th, 2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Sturdevant
)
Still frames only (no video)?

been there, done that.....

http://ia310117.us.archive.org/2/ite...rogressive.mp4

a single take for 3 minutes might be interesting....