DV Challenge Friends at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old June 27th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #1
Major Player

DV Challenge Friends

I know this is a little off topic. But it just happens to be that I spend more time reading dvinfo.net than just about anything else on the web, and I feel like I've gotten to know some of you guys, Dylan, Sean, Bradley, Mike, Lorinda. Okay, so Lorinda's not a guy...

My little baby girl, Caroline, went uncredited in my last short. My wife pointed it out when she watched the video. She has been telling me that I take for granted my beautiful children. She's probably right.

Today I had to say goodbye to my newborn son, who never got to open his eyes to the world. Maybe his gift will be to help his father open his eyes to all the beauty that passes our way every day.

Normally, I'm kind of a private guy. Computers and all that stuff. But I just felt like sharing this with someone. You guys are the nicest people I don't really even know, so there it is.

My next short will be dedicated to the little guy.

Samuel Chapman Mays
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #2
Regular Crew

It is hard to know how you feel after I am sure many expectations from you for your newborn.
I have three sons 23, 20 and 18. The youngest just graduated from HS and just then I realized I have no more kids. They now are my sons. In a way I find myself in similar dooldrums about the realization this home will be quiet and somewhat lonesome. I don't know how I could handle losing any of them especially after getting to know them as persons and the pride they have brought me since birth.
I am truly sorry and I hope that you find a little less hurtful way to deal with your loss.
Enrique Galvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 02:58 AM   #3
RED Code Chef

So sorry to hear this sad news, I don't know what else to say....

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:44 AM   #4
Major Player

I too lost a little guy. I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your wife.
Dennis Khaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:06 AM   #5
Inner Circle

We are your friends, and we do share your grief. I also have three sons and would not want to loose any of them. You and your family will be in our prayers.

Mike
Old June 28th, 2006, 01:42 PM   #6
Wrangler

Hey man, that's terrible news. I'm not great at inspirational stuff, so the best I can do is send my condolences to your family.

Dylan
Old June 28th, 2006, 03:17 PM   #7
Major Player

I'm not sure what to say, having never been through anything like that before, but you and your family have my sympathies nonetheless; I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #8
Major Player

Really sorry to hear that.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:51 PM   #9
Obstreperous Rex

My deepest condolences. Sometimes it's difficult to comprehend that even in this day and age, there is still a very big problem worldwide with infant mortality rates. Best wishes to you and your family,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:01 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Dick:

I was sorry to hear about your recent sad times. Sometimes we take our own children for granted, and don't recognize how lucky we are. God bless you and your family.
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Dick,

I am so sorry for your loss. The video you are making for him will be a wonderful way to keep his memory alive within your family. And your note to us reminds us of how fragile life is here. I will say a prayer for you and your family.

Leslie
Leslie Dopkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:40 PM   #12
Wrangler

sorry for your loss...that's heart-breaking news.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #13
Major Player

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

We are sad, but we also feel blessed to have held our little boy, and if he could feel anything, it would only have been love.

Someday, one of the filmmakers on this site will shoot a feature winning the Sundance Jury award, and will leave us for a calendar of Talk Shows and Premieres. But the rest of us will take some pleasure in having known him/her before the fame. Just knowing someone is a blessing.

It seems to me, that life is all those little things we take for granted while we are planning for our great success.

I'm drinking wine tonight, so pardon the pensive melancholy!

When is DVC 6?
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Dick,

Why is it that such sad events bring us to such universal truths? When my mom was alive she always told me "this too shall pass" - and she used it for both the happy and sad of life. I'm glad I told her she was right while she was alive!

I would love to see your video when it is done.

I think I will join you in a glass of wine - a toast to your son's memory and brief (but significant) life.

Leslie
Leslie Dopkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 08:46 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Condolences

my son Tristan was born on 6/19/05 and passed on 8/30/05. He was only with us for 72 days and though the world went on as if nothing was happening, my world was rocked. He was/is my only child and having to make the decision to take him off the ventilator was the hardest thing I have ever done. I got to hold him as he passed and as cliched as it sounds a little of me went with him. The only thing that you can do to honor your little man is live well and know that you will never forget him.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge