The Finish Line! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old August 13th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Mine went out tonight.
Old August 13th, 2006, 04:11 AM   #17
RED Code Chef

Robert: that's why I use zebra stripes....

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 07:52 AM   #18
Major Player

Indeed, I love my zebras as well, for use outdoors or in otherwise brightly lit scenes, but if nothing in the frame reaches 100 or 70 IRE, they're not of much use (right?). If everything's darker than 70, the camera--a VX2000--won't tell me how much darker it is; the zebras just won't show up. But then, maybe I shouldn't have everything so dark after all. I'm going to be using more light today anyway, I'll see what I get.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:03 AM   #19
Major Player

Done

Phew. That one went well I think. We had a style we were going for as we wrote the script and I feel like we achieved it. So regardless of any other outcomes - like winning or making my mother laugh - I'm happy the result.

Good luck everyone.
Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Got it in the mail lastnight, and have successfully avoided the "Wall Of Shame"

Whoot Whoot!
Old August 13th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #21
Major Player

The hog has been tied and the link sent. yippeee, I'm 2 for 2.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 03:00 PM   #22
Regular Crew

I am worried that nobody will understand ours. Oh well, my friends and I had fun and that is what counts I guess. Good luck everyone.
Justin Tomchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 04:50 PM   #23
Trustee

Mine is uploaded and ready for viewing. I think we might turn this into a 48 hour contest since most of us seem to have waited until at least Saturday (yesterday) to actually do anything.

I wrote it out Friday in final form. Asked an actress friend from "Cat Fight at OK and Corral" to do the monologue. We shot at noon Saturday (She did great - thanks Natalie). Shot a secondary scene at 4pm Saturday and by midnight had a very workable edit. Tweaked sound, found and added a score this morning. Rendered while the wife and I saw a movie and hit the bookstore this afternoon. Uploaded it a few minutes ago and now, I'm looking for the address to send Dylan the link.

See you all at the finish line. I am wondering how many people actually finish this one?

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #24
Regular Crew

I am done!

I finished (two in a row). I uploaded to my server a few minutes ago and sent my link to Dylan at 9:12 pm CST.

We did a little more work on this one, I had the story last friday, shot Saturday, decided that there was NO WAY that was going to fit into 3 minutes, re-wrote the entire story, re-shot Thursday, edited thu and fri, shot more on sat, and basically finished.

We spent Sunday relaxing, drinking beer, and watching computers render, (then we fixed a mistake), re-render, fix, re-render, well you get the idea.

Congratulations to all who finish.
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:58 PM   #25
Wrangler

The bomb is armed and delivered. This post partially belongs under the "what if it stinks" thread, but I'm too tired to mess with more than one. Times like this I wonder why I go to so much trouble and work for what now looks like such a dumb story, but maybe I'll feel better about it after a few night's sleep.

G'nite, all. Kudos and best o' luck to all who got movies submitted. :)
Old August 13th, 2006, 11:57 PM   #26
Inner Circle

I'm still the procrastinating king Lorinda!

I was so proud that I actually finished my film up a day and a half early, that I went back and re-edited a whole bunch more. Then I had problems and had a hell of a time getting it encoded properly and loaded up.

The more things change, the more I stay the same!

Mike
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:14 AM   #27
Major Player

Win lose or draw, this contest got me off the couch and filmming again, exactly what it was supposed to do. Thanks to the DVC team and good luck you all.
Dennis Khaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:31 AM   #28
Major Player

I hit "Select all after playline" to move some clips. I forgot to deselect them. I tapped "Delete" to delete what I thought was one clip. Undo stopped working. And yet, somehow, I recut the last half of my movie, compressed a Windows Media 9 version, uploaded it to my website, and got the link to Dylan with thirty-three minutes to spare.

Sweet fancy Moses, what a ride! Every single shot in this movie--every piece of live action footage, every rendered effect, and every credit--was done today. Woke up at nine thirty AM, just finished. Never thought I could do it, and was ready to quit after the horrible day I had yesterday, but man, what they say about persistence? They're right. I think I learned that last time, but it takes a few similar scenarios to drill that kind of lesson into my thick skull.

I look forward to the other films with great anticipation. Good night.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:39 AM   #29
Regular Crew

In with 20 minutes to go! Whew...I really shouldn't have left compression till the last minute.

Best of luck to everyone!
Eric Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:50 AM   #30
Regular Crew

Well, I sent in my very first DVC entry with about a half an hour to spare. It's been a very busy, but fun week. It's certainly left me with stories to tell!

Thanks for a great motivation to shoot something and congrats to all who finished.
Colton Davie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge