DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   The Finish Line! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/73424-finish-line.html)

William Gardner August 11th, 2006 06:55 AM

The Finish Line!

Just emailed my links to Dylan: I'm going out of town without internet access tomorrow morning and I need to spend today finding creative ways to pack liquids and gels. So I had to finish up last night.

It feels good to be done! Hopefully, everybody else will post a message here when they finish: I'll be interested to read later how many folks finish a little early vs. get done at 11:59PM PST Sunday night. :)

I'll be gone until next Thursday: if films start getting posted before then, don't treat my lack of feedback as a lack of interest.

Good luck, everybody!

Bill

Dick Mays August 11th, 2006 08:34 AM

I have yet to even start! We have a script but couldn't shoot last weekend due to schedule. If Saturday is not Sunny, the whole thing goes down the tubes.

Curse the sun...

Mark Utley August 11th, 2006 12:15 PM

I finish writing today, shoot tomorrow and edit Sunday.

Jeff Tyler August 11th, 2006 01:13 PM

Well I shot most of mine already. I have to shoot a bit more on Saturday but Im editing every other scene and sliding that in later. Sunday I have a paintball tournament so ill probably be up lady saturday night finishing mine. Right now though I am working on making it shorter because im way over the 3 minute mark as it is.

Adrinn Chellton August 11th, 2006 02:06 PM

I had all the shooting done by last Sunday and was dragging my heels editing this week. I'm completley finished with the edit, but since I have no hosting site I'll have to find the sweetest compression to use for Video.google(any suggestions for google compression?) since they recompress.

Nick Hiltgen August 11th, 2006 02:53 PM

wrote the script, Refined the script, rewrote the script, rerefined the script, finally ready to shoot tomorrow but of course 60% chance of rain, sooo looks like there may be a complete rewrite, if worse comes to worse I'll just shoot a music video for blind melon's "No rain" or something like that.

Wahoo! But I still want to shoot the scritp that's written so instead of one movie I may end up with two but only one will be in ::ahem:: "competition"

Hugo Pinto August 11th, 2006 03:07 PM

Well,

We're half-way through shooting, and about 60% of the indoor stuff is done. Still missing are the most cheesy (should I say dramatic) indoor scenes, and the finale, which is an outdoor shot, tomorrow in the EARLY morning.

This leaves Saturday for FX, composition, rotoscoping and editing, and Sunday for sinal touches and scoring. Looks like I might even finish this one!

Hugo

Robert Martens August 11th, 2006 03:28 PM

Just came indoors for a short break while my dad's at the hardware store around the corner (he makes a great prop master); making good progress with set dressing, with only some minor woodwork left to do. Everything should be ready to go by the end of the day, leaving all day tomorrow to shoot my footage and, like Hugo, do my editing and compositing. All I have to say is thank God for backburner!

Michael Fossenkemper August 11th, 2006 05:09 PM

Ok, i'm done. well almost I think. No, I'm done. except for the intro, I think, mmmm, done?

Edward Slonaker August 12th, 2006 04:46 AM

Well, I got hit with the first, practical, idea last NIGHT! Now all I have to do is wait for (insert timpani here) "THE SUN" to come up..... If all goes well; 1) it won't suck, and b) it'll keep me off the "Wall of Shame" for this one.

Kris Holodak August 12th, 2006 08:34 AM

I'm on schedule

I told my friends who signed up to be crew that it would be
- flounder with no ideas thursday and friday
- get with the writer on saturday to bang out the script (thankfully she had ideas)
- shoot on Sunday
- edit all week
- panicked reshoots of things that didn't work on Saturday (yup, I called that right)
- finish editing, compress and post on Sunday.

Actually I'm going to try to do my panicked reshoots this morning and finish editing this afternoon so that I can go to tonight's party and tomorrow's baseball game guilt free (and laptop free).

Edward Slonaker August 12th, 2006 05:59 PM

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done [happy feet dance]!!!! Talk about guerrilla editing! I shot, edited, composited, rendered and uploaded everything in a 12-hour period. The bottle-of-wine-happy-hour at 4:00 this afternoon delayed things a bit.....but it's online and the link submitted. *phew!*

...and NOTHING to watch on a Saturday night....don't that just beat all!

Robert Martens August 12th, 2006 07:44 PM

God, what a miserable day; all my footage, as usual, is too damned dark. I'll have to invest in a decent field monitor sooner or later, 'cause right now I can't judge squat as far as color and brightness are concerned.

Got a very good idea of what went wrong, and I'm coming up with some ideas right now for the panicked reshoots taking place in the morning. It'll be down to the wire, for sure, and I've no doubt I'll be up 'til three AM (glad this ends on Pacific time) cutting, rendering and cursing.

Mugurel Dragusin August 12th, 2006 11:55 PM

Done as in Done

Wrapped it up the way I wanted so have to say I am satisfied with the outcome so I sent the links to Dylan. With this occasion I want to thank you all for the feedback given on my previous entries as it was very helpful in getting this done even better.

Good luck to everyone :)

John Brickner Jr August 13th, 2006 12:10 AM

Im done, this was harder than I thought. This was a learning experience for sure. Can't wait to see everyone's films.