DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   Idea For DVC #7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/74120-idea-dvc-7-a.html)

Hugh DiMauro August 23rd, 2006 07:03 AM

Idea For DVC #7

I am mighty impressed by this current crop of movies, so much so that I'd like to contribute to the cause.

If this interests anyone, I would like to design and put together a DVD of everybody's entry and mail it to all members who participated in the challenge. Wouldn't it be an entertaining night to gather family and friends around the 52 inch TV set and not only show your own masterpiece but also proudly show your peers' work as well?

Sound good? Bad?

Joel L. Young August 23rd, 2006 07:21 AM

If I can manage to get off the wall for DVC7 I would really like that. I would even prefer to send a disc with the full movie file, so there is no worry about compressing the video. Could drop a few bucks in there to help with expenses.

Mike Teutsch August 23rd, 2006 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
I am mighty impressed by this current crop of movies, so much so that I'd like to contribute to the cause.

If this interests anyone, I would like to design and put together a DVD of everybody's entry and mail it to all members who participated in the challenge. Wouldn't it be an entertaining night to gather family and friends around the 52 inch TV set and not only show your own masterpiece but also proudly show your peers' work as well?

Sound good? Bad?

Damn my TV is only 50" but sounds like a good Idea to me! Especially, if we can do away with the compression and have all who want to send a full DVD version to you. I'm willing.

Mike

Hugh DiMauro August 23rd, 2006 07:52 AM

Fabulous! Think of the DVD's value when some of us make it to the big time!

Dylan Couper August 23rd, 2006 08:05 AM

I like it too!

Michael Fossenkemper August 23rd, 2006 08:14 AM

I quadruple like it. Count me in.

Justin Tomchuk August 23rd, 2006 08:20 AM

That would be awesome. Having something on a DVD like that with the other entries is a prize in itself.

Edward Slonaker August 23rd, 2006 08:22 AM

Oh, I would DEFINITELY love to see these on my 55" Mitsubishi widescreen vs my 19" Dell's. What a great idea, Hugh! Count me in.

Sean McHenry August 23rd, 2006 10:16 AM

I tried to get folks involved in this a round or two back but nobody sent anything in. I will be happy to contribute to the cause. Count me in, unless my next one stinks naturally. : )

It's a good idea letting folks know up front that this is a possibility instead of after it's over, like I tried. Make sure you let everyone know what file type you want ahead of time.

Sean

Hugh DiMauro August 23rd, 2006 11:27 AM

Sean:

Since you came up with this idea first why don't we coordinate on the design and content? Imagine, each DVD will be a mini DV Info version of Sundance.

Lorinda Norton August 23rd, 2006 11:42 AM

At a local film festival they gave out DVDs like this, but it only included the top nine films. Sure nice of you to offer this for every submission! That'll be a lot of work!

Hugh DiMauro August 23rd, 2006 12:01 PM

Well worth it for us here, dontcha think? Lorinda, if you have suggestions, by all means, let me know.

Anybody with a suggestion please post it.

Sean McHenry August 23rd, 2006 12:07 PM

Hold on there mister. This one was your idea. You get all the credit and all the heartache this time around.

Actually, I could probably help on it. If we can get at least the top ten that would be something. We could post the DVDs as for sale here on the DVInfo.net forums, primarily for members to get copies, but only as much as it would take to recover costs, DVDs prinitng, etc. which should be minor.

If it goes that far, folks should know that occasionally there are film festivals that don't want your work in circulation before they get them. That might be a minor concern if anyone wants to submit anything.

I say DVDs are go.

Justin Tomchuk August 23rd, 2006 01:55 PM

Hugh if you need someone to design the DVD cover I am willing to do it, for free of course. I have been involved with graphic design almost as long as video since my Dad is a real graphic designer. Here are some samples of my work.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5857/postershn4.jpg

So once DVC7 comes around, let me know if you need me.

Justin

Sean McHenry August 23rd, 2006 05:34 PM

Hey Justin,
those are nice. I'll be writing you about that in the future. I suck at graphics.

Sean