Showing our entries in Show Your Work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old September 8th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Showing our entries in Show Your Work

I've noticed the rule about no cross-posting, so I was wondering: is it acceptable to post a link to our entries in the Show You Work forum here? It seems like only a select few of the DVinfo members are active in the DVC forum, so it seems like posting our entries in Show Your Work could garner more exposure.
Colton Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #2
Trustee

Perhaps a "sticky" in that forum reminding people to watch this forum once in a while for the stuff their fellow DVInfo mates are doing? We have some good stuff showing up here and it's about time we pointed it out to the rest of the crowd. That way their forum doesn't get bombarded with all 31 of us running over there all of a sudden.

Just a thought.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 11:17 PM   #3
Major Player

Good idea. It might work efficiently to just have one post made there, after each DVC competition to state an overview of the entries, and link to the entries page that Dylan posted (with all the film links). Maybe even recommend watching the finalists / top few, for people short on time. But with the idea that others will watch a range of the films and spark more interest in the event.

Then again, if you get too many people interested, the system will have to change completely for judging, and the amount you'll have to download will soar exponentially ;-)
Andrew Hood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge