DVC7 - how's it going? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old December 17th, 2006, 08:56 PM   #31
Major Player

Well, despite a few trials and some tech issues, we are all done! I was thrilled to be able to work with some real people this time...lol.

Best wishes~
Bradley

PS: Mat- I think you have until 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time to get your film uploaded and e-mail sent to Dylan. That means you have 5 hours from right now...6:59 PM PST.

Looking forward to seeing all the films.
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #32
Trustee

So I have several hours left. Sure I could put them to good use re-editing the sound or adding more music or tweaking the color, but in the words of Madeline Kahn, "I'm tired".

Hope you find it at least viewable. Has a nice celebrity voice and a bit of a twisted idea behind it.

Enjoy.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 09:50 PM   #33
Major Player

Just submitted mine...

PHEW!

Hope you like it.

Mike
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #34
Major Player

Just upped mine. One day, one man, one tripod, one camera (Hi8 but please, spare me, I know, but I couldn't get my hands on a decent camera).

It's always fun to watch what other people come up with.

Good luck to everyone.
Dennis Khaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:51 PM   #35
Major Player

Same here - one day, one man, one pen, and one tripod got me from script to finished product. I had a ton o' fun though. Definitely do this again.

I can't believe I've been doing commercial video for 6 months now and have never taken the time to make a creative video.

Anyway, I hope y'all like what I've made.

Can't wait to see everyone's videos!!! That's the best part!
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 04:43 AM   #36
Trustee

Well submitted at 2.30 Am GMT which I thinik means I'm OK.....i have just realised I only but DVC07 in the email subject title, but my name/film name and URL in the body......hope this is OK !

Well it was great fun...well until you watch it ;)

cheers
mat
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 08:06 AM   #37
Trustee

I made it!

Our gang had fun, alot of laughs and some hilarious reminiscing. The outtakes are aplenty. Thanks to all the folks who assisted me with uploading. I look foward to seeing everybody's project and appreciate all the hard work and effort everybody puts into the challenge.
Old December 18th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #38
Wrangler

I should start shooting soon!
;-)
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #39
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
I should start shooting soon!
;-)

Get-er-done Pete!

Mine's in and it is short and sweet! It will set the record for shortest, but made my point. Don't know if it will be appreciated, but it is heart felt. So tired of doing these alone, I have to find some people to work with. I have helped locally with others at the BRM and assisted with classes, but everyone is far away from me.

I'm sick too, but made it through. Come on Pete, you can do it.

Mike
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #40
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch
It will set the record for shortest, but made my point.

Mike
I say extra kudos for making your point in the shortest time possible. I approach these a bit like video haiku. There's a little flexibility in the 3 minutes (or 17 syllables) but the point is to strip away the excess so that all you're left with is what's essential to make you point or tell your story.

I look forward to seeing it.

Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #41
Wrangler

i think mine is the shortest....i think i set the DV Challenge land speed record for video production. shot, captured, edited, and uploaded in under three hours. i'm not sure that it is even coherent, since i completed it in a haze of phlegm, while also nursing my friend through laser surgery. i watched it this morning, and somehow the ending audio, the only spoken line in the whole thing, seems to have dropped out in the upload. i'm not sure it will make sense to anyone but me. the Wall of Shame might have been preferable to this Display of Shame!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:57 AM   #42
Trustee

Mike: I feel the one sure thing we have going for one another is a deep appreciation for each other's work. I've never felt otherwise when reading everyone's feedback concerning my two previous entries.

Meryem: Know what I've noticed time and again? We are our own worst critics. If I had a dime for every time somebody dissed his own movie that turned out fabulous. I'll wager you did very well! Phlegm and all! I am really looking forward to top notch entertainment this time around.

Nothing like good, old fashioned American movie competition to get the creativity flowing!
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:57 AM   #43
Major Player

So... when do we start to see these videos!?? I can't wait to see what everyone came up with. I loved viewing the clips from DVC6.

So how short is short?
I used ALL of the available time on mine...

I have to learn the art of getting my point across in a shorter amount of time.

:)
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #44
Wrangler

thanks, hugh, you are a comfort during these trying times. heh. but since i'm a leo, my tendency is to think "hey, this turned out great!" when everyone else is indifferent to my little treasure. so you have to know that i really mean it when i say it sucks!

the one thing that i did take away was a new appreciation for Cineframe 24, which everyone hates on the FX-1 and on the Z1. i shot using cineframe 24 in black and white, and while the so-called story is incoherent, i like the look and can see some really good possibilities with using that tool for a dreamy, experimental look...
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:26 PM   #45
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
Mike: I feel the one sure thing we have going for one another is a deep appreciation for each other's work. I've never felt otherwise when reading everyone's feedback concerning my two previous entries.
I just need to find a replacement for that old fart has-been that I have to use as the star. Sadie can't seem to learn her lines, so had to fire her this time! :) Maybe next time I can find a replacement.

I would like to concentrate on lighting and shooting. I did a short for a friend about a month and a half ago. Two kids in Jupiter who are great little kids and have an agent in Hollywood. Shot the short to be presented to Nickelodian reps, and I could just do lighting and camera stuff, and minor directing as he was new at it. It turned out nice and I had it edited and back to them within days. The dad got the DVD copies to the Nick people and to their agent.

Well, all liked the short and they were going to shoot a Pilot for Nick, so I hurry back from a trip to do it. Turns out they went through some record producer in Palm Beach. When I talk to him I find out he has a guy he uses to shoot stuff and all he has is an older Pany. No lights, no audio, nothing. Wanted me to come and bring my lights and stuff. I politely said no thanks, I was busy. My friend, who is a writer and director, appoligized to me, as he did not know this was going to happen. But, that's life!

I look forward to these contests, but not to trying to find help.

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge