DVC7 - how's it going? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old December 18th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #46
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
on the FX-1 and on the Z1. i shot using cineframe 24 in black and white, and while the so-called story is incoherent, i like the look and can see some really good possibilities with using that tool for a dreamy, experimental look...

Meryem:

I have ignored that mode on my FX-1 myself, following the lead of others, who just ran it down. About three weeks ago I had some time to kill, so I fooled around with it. In certain situation its not half bad, and Cineframe30 is also good. I've had the camera over a year, but ignored it because of bad press here, and other places. So I think while people should listen to other's experiences, we should actually be trying out the things that are available on our cameras, to see how they will lend themselves to our particular creative needs....
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #47
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch
I just need to find a replacement for that old fart has-been that I have to use as the star. Sadie can't seem to learn her lines, so had to fire her this time! :) Maybe next time I can find a replacement.

I would like to concentrate on lighting and shooting. I did a short for a friend about a month and a half ago. Two kids in Jupiter who are great little kids and have an agent in Hollywood. Shot the short to be presented to Nickelodian reps, and I could just do lighting and camera stuff, and minor directing as he was new at it. It turned out nice and I had it edited and back to them within days. The dad got the DVD copies to the Nick people and to their agent.

Well, all liked the short and they were going to shoot a Pilot for Nick, so I hurry back from a trip to do it. Turns out they went through some record producer in Palm Beach. When I talk to him I find out he has a guy he uses to shoot stuff and all he has is an older Pany. No lights, no audio, nothing. Wanted me to come and bring my lights and stuff. I politely said no thanks, I was busy. My friend, who is a writer and director, appoligized to me, as he did not know this was going to happen. But, that's life!

I look forward to these contests, but not to trying to find help.

Mike
We like the guy in your movies! Keep him around!

That deal about the short you shot for those kids really stinks, Mike. You did a great job of lighting on that! (Thanks for letting me see it.) Now the project may get scrapped, because your work is what helped sell it in the first place.

Maybe by next challenge you'll have some actors. I found out this time how NOT fun it is being in front of a camera.
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #48
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
I found out this time how NOT fun it is being in front of a camera.
Finally, Lorinda revealed !! :)
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #49
Major Player

Quote:
I found out this time how NOT fun it is being in front of a camera.
Ditto! I hope to never be in that situation again. Sadly, it seems that I am one of many who can't find anyone willing to act. :(
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #50
Inner Circle

Quote:
We like the guy in your movies! Keep him around!

That deal about the short you shot for those kids really stinks, Mike. You did a great job of lighting on that! (Thanks for letting me see it.) Now the project may get scrapped, because your work is what helped sell it in the first place.

Maybe by next challenge you'll have some actors. I found out this time how NOT fun it is being in front of a camera.
The kids are so cute, it will work! And hey, much better you in front of the camera then me! By the way, great news on September and keep me posted.

Mike
Old December 18th, 2006, 01:36 PM   #51
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
Finally, Lorinda revealed !! :)
LOL!! If you saw "the clip that got away" you'd be laughing at your choice of words! Even though it would have been a funny gag, I'm so glad I ran out of time and had to cut that segment--the time limit saved me from a lot of embarrassment. :)
Old December 18th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #52
Inner Circle

Quote:
LOL!! If you saw "the clip that got away" you'd be laughing at your choice of words! Even though it would have been a funny gag, I'm so glad I ran out of time and had to cut that segment--the time limit saved me from a lot of embarrassment. :)
Hey, I've shared with you before, share with me!!!!!! I want to see it.

Mike
Old December 18th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #53
Inner Circle

Quote:
Yes, but there is always the bloopers reel !
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:08 PM   #54
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
i think mine is the shortest....i think i set the DV Challenge land speed record for video production. shot, captured, edited, and uploaded in under three hours. i'm not sure that it is even coherent, since i completed it in a haze of phlegm...the Wall of Shame might have been preferable to this Display of Shame!
Yay for Meryem! A haze of phlegm (I love that). Best wishes to my little phlegmster and am looking forward to your display no matter what.

Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 07:17 PM   #55
Trustee

Us boys in the crowd can only hope Lorinda does a "Behind the Scenes" or a "Special Features" section on her DVD of DVC7.

Heck, I'm just curious about the context of the scene. Sounds like an interesting angle on "memories".

Again, I found the dark twist. See you all in a week or more. After Christmas - Dylan is a Sadist. Then again, if he tried to pump them all out at us now, he'd be a Masochist I suppose. Can't have your cake and eat it too I guess.

Mmm. Cake.

See ya,

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #56
Major Player

I apologize if it's been answered already.

This'll be my first DVC and I'm pretty excited to see everyone's films (and get constructive criticism of my own). When will we be seeing other folks films? And how?

Another note, who votes? 'cuz if it's each one of us, then sweet!

*cough* *cough* my film used no mics and no dollies, I could be in dire need of these items and christmas is just around the corner!! *hint*

Haha, I'm kidding...sort of.

I think I'm a DVC addict now, I've never done anything like this and it was the most fun thing I've done in a while. Beats editing weddings and commercial marketing videos.

Can't wait to see all y'alls videos. No pressure though Dylan.
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 08:02 AM   #57
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Graham

Another note, who votes? 'cuz if it's each one of us, then sweet!

*cough* *cough* my film used no mics and no dollies, I could be in dire need of these items and christmas is just around the corner!! *hint*

Haha, I'm kidding...sort of.

I think I'm a DVC addict now, I've never done anything like this and it was the most fun thing I've done in a while. Beats editing weddings and commercial marketing videos.
I believe that those who created a film get to vote. You can't vote for yourself of course. ;) This is also my first attempt, no mics or dollies here either. :)

I'm also just an amateur... no work related flming jobs for me.
Old December 19th, 2006, 08:25 AM   #58
Trustee

I gotta get hot on my blooper reel. I am very self conscious about my cackling in the background. :-( The Rod kept making me laugh and that would make him laugh which would make me laugh more.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge