DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   Is anyone writing yet? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/91160-anyone-writing-yet.html)

Joey Taylor April 10th, 2007 10:08 AM

Is anyone writing yet?

Is anyone writing yet, or trying to come up with ideas before the theme announcement?

Brent Graham April 10th, 2007 10:40 AM

Yeah! I've got twenty pages completed!

I only hope that the theme has something to do with rocket sledding penguins who must outsell the polar pears in shaved ice in order to save their garage where they customize rocket sleds!

Here's to hoping!

...ummmmm....wait....no. Without a theme, they'd just be crazy ideas.

Why? Are you writing? Really?

Gabriel Yeager April 10th, 2007 10:50 AM

I've got an idea of what its going to be, just not what it is going to be about. :-) That part is being saved for the theme announcement. Oh, and there will only be one actor - Me! :D

Like Brent asked, do you have something written already?

~Gabriel

Sean McHenry April 11th, 2007 01:13 PM

Ah. you mean like the Hollywood "boy meets girl" sort of thing?

Boy meets girl on a plane.
Boy meets girl on the street.
Boy meets girl in a cave while being chased by homicidal axe wielding masked dead phantom viral infected mutant from planet x21 who actually died in a blast furnace accident when he was 8 and playing near the railroad tracks with his best friends when the mysterious boxcar loaded with unmarked nuclear waste was rushing through his home town and got derailed by a cow - sort of generic ideas?

Nope, don't have a one...

Doh!

Sean

Marco Wagner April 11th, 2007 01:20 PM

We trying to figure out a genre that is going to match just about any theme. I think by the time the theme is announced we'll still be trying to figure that out.

Bob Thieda April 11th, 2007 01:43 PM

I would think its much more fun to wait until just a couple of days, (or hours), before the contest ends to start any planning....

At least that's the way I do most things ;)

Bob T.

Per Johan Naesje April 11th, 2007 02:59 PM

Writing!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Ohhh, my talents can't even read, why bother with any writing then?!

By the way, below you can view a couple of them:
From left to right: Mr Duck, Mrs Grey and Miss Swan

Sean McHenry April 12th, 2007 12:59 PM

Do a quick Google on "the eye of the duck". I'm a huge David Lynch fan. The idea makes sense, sort of. It is Lynch after all. It's only going to make partial sense even when you do understand it.

PS. INLAND EMPIRE opens at the Drexel Grandview tomorrow. Guess who's got two thumbs and going to be in line at 9:30pm? That's right. This guy.

Sean

Owen Bickford April 13th, 2007 09:33 PM

Wosssssss

i'm writing about being on the wall of shame.

Hugh DiMauro April 14th, 2007 04:57 PM

My only two neurons bumped together on Friday causing an idea. I wrote it last night, tweaked it this morning and I'm ready to go. Now, if I can only translate it to digital video.

Sean McHenry April 19th, 2007 09:05 AM

One of mine fell out the other night and the remaining one is drunk - again.

S.