DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   AAARG - on "The Wall" again!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/92070-aaarg-wall-again.html)

Edward Slonaker April 21st, 2007 09:07 PM

AAARG - on "The Wall" again!!

Well, we're here in Boise tonight, on our way up to the Great White North when I had an epiphone for this DVC. Maybe it's my proximity to Lorinda that's made me a little sharper....or more creative minded.....or somethin'....

But, alas, I am without a lot of the tools I would need. Got camera, got Premiere on the laptop but still missing some "toys." No chance this would end on the 5th when we get back home. @#$%! I may be able to pull something out of my .... suitcase in time.

Oh well, I see my spot on the "Wall of Shame" hasn't even collected dust yet so I may be taking my place there again.

Who's with me??

Lorinda Norton April 21st, 2007 11:35 PM

WHAT???? You're in my town and didn't tell me???? Now it's my turn to groan!

If you're not leaving too early, shoot me an email with your phone number and I'll find you in the morning. I'd love to meet the man whose photos grace my desktop!!! :)

Owen Bickford April 22nd, 2007 01:27 AM

it's going to take some miracles to get this one out. the friend who is trying to help is also balancing the last two weeks of college, and I'm finishing some tracking sessions for my band. it may be a one day shoot and a one night edit.

Stephen van Vuuren April 23rd, 2007 07:36 AM

Nothing wrong with the wall. I'm still on the shoot from hell that was supposed to wrap on the 15th and still going.

I have my idea/script set and I still am going to do mine, but since we are still shooting this upcoming weekend, I've got no chance of making it in time.

Josh Johnson April 25th, 2007 11:24 AM

Last time I signed up for DVC (DVC#?=Spirit??), I was on the wall... Looking like another visit to the wall this time too... Although, this weekend is looking good...

Kris Holodak April 25th, 2007 12:56 PM

I think I'm wall bound myself...

...even with Dylan's extra 24 hours. Though if inspiration comes I'll try to squeeze it in. I'm so obsessed (pre-occupied, pathetic) with this 12 minute short based on late inspiration from the last DV Challenge that I haven't been able to think about anything else, so I have nothing for this one.

Contimplated plopping Blue down in front of the TV, but havne't thought of an actual story around that idea.

Smile,
Kris

Bradley L Marlow April 25th, 2007 12:58 PM

Blue...

Blue is always a great idea Kris! Can't go wrong there. :)

Best wishes~
Bradley

Meryem Ersoz April 25th, 2007 02:13 PM

string me up. i thought it would be cool to try to make a DV Challenge video from bhutan, but the theme was a huge stopper. some of you nice folks made interesting suggestions about approaching it as "life without TV" but that still assumes TV as the determining vibe, and the vibe there simply doesn't support the whole notion of TV, so that wasn't really working for me.

life with monks, life with reincarnated deities, yes, life without TV, too cold to touch.....will have some interesting footage to post at a later time, however....

Marco Wagner April 30th, 2007 08:28 AM

nail me to the wood, i've had too many issues during the course to get something worthy put together. Darnit!

Kris Holodak April 30th, 2007 08:33 AM

admiting defeat

I thought about throwing something together last night since Bradley at least is willing to watch Blue watch herself on TV, but then thought you all will have enough good entries to look at you don't need anything less than my best effort cluttering the process. Have fun with the viewings. I'm sure I'll be back next time.

Smile,
Kris

Sean McHenry April 30th, 2007 10:06 AM

All my heroes are dropping like flies on the beach head. What's up? I know. Everyone has a job and all that. Still, it was nice working under the fear of running up against some of the DVC greats. Glad the pressure has lifted and the sounds of static are fading away - until next time that is....

Sean

Steven Gotz April 30th, 2007 10:26 AM

My first signup and my first failure to submit. I had an idea and just couldn't get it all together into a project that made any sense. I think I'll stick to pretty pictures in the UWOL contests.

Bob Thieda April 30th, 2007 10:43 AM

Put me on the wall....I'm toast... :(

Bob T.

Marco Wagner April 30th, 2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Gotz (Post 669960)
My first signup and my first failure to submit. I had an idea and just couldn't get it all together into a project that made any sense. I think I'll stick to pretty pictures in the UWOL contests.

Likewise, we even filmed two days worth, but it would be a bunch of stuff with no point, argh...

Mike Horrigan April 30th, 2007 12:44 PM

I posted a Teaser for my entry but never got the time to finish it.

Just too busy lately...

I will take the time to view all the entries and post some comments.

Good luck!

Mike