DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   Wrong Turn on IFC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/94089-wrong-turn-ifc.html)

Michael Fossenkemper May 15th, 2007 06:42 AM

Wrong Turn on IFC

IFC called me last week and they want to show my DVC5 entry "Wrong Turn" on a new show they are running. Turned everything in yesterday and will get word on the airtime, but they said sometime around June. William suggested we submit our shorts to IFC that round and that was about a year ago, so go post your shorts on the IFC media lab. If they can pick mine, then they can pick anyones hahahaha. Just remember to have all of your paper work in order cause they made me fill out a stack of papers and it's a little tough to go back and get everything in order a year later.

William Gardner May 15th, 2007 08:51 AM

Wow! Big congrats, Michael! Let us know when it will be on. And we missed you in DVC8...

Bill

Dylan Couper May 15th, 2007 02:17 PM

Congrats! That's pretty damn cool!
Give DVinfo or DVC a plug if you can. ;)

Meryem Ersoz May 15th, 2007 02:39 PM

michael, that's very cool. congratulations. it's always fun to see work done here jump into different audiences and contexts.

dylan, you should make a little sticky for your DVC subforum with all of the ways in which DV Challenge videos have been screened in addition to the DVC audience. i think sean's early entries were in a few film festivals or something, weren't they? my short, "still life" screened at the Twin Cities Underground FF....it would be fun to see how far the DVC tentacles spread....

Robert Martens May 15th, 2007 04:44 PM

Way to go, Mike! Glad to hear the movie's getting more attention, it was a great film. I'll try my best to keep an eye out in June, but I forget about these things easily, so make sure you keep us posted. As soon as you know the date, I expect it plastered all over the place.

Can't wait to see it!

Dylan Couper May 15th, 2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 679890)
dylan, you should make a little sticky for your DVC subforum with all of the ways in which DV Challenge videos have been screened in addition to the DVC audience. i think sean's early entries were in a few film festivals or something, weren't they? my short, "still life" screened at the Twin Cities Underground FF....it would be fun to see how far the DVC tentacles spread....

Duly noted! I'll see about adding it to the website first.

Michael Fossenkemper May 15th, 2007 07:49 PM

Will post the date when I know. Funny thing is they asked for it to be turned in on digibeta, hahahaha. I told them that it would cost more than my entire short cost including all the drinkable props. He laughed and said minidv would be fine then. They are going to use a clip of my short to advertise the show and then eventually air the short. In the IFC media lab, it's listed as a DVC entry so go and vote for it and it'll probably air sooner than later and help promote DVC's. Then go and upload your short and let us know and we'll all go vote for it. Maybe we can eventually get our own special on IFC?!?!?!?!?! that would be cool.

Sean McHenry May 17th, 2007 03:47 PM

Extra "cool" points for having them look for you. That's the way, make those Hollywood bean counters beg us for our table scraps...

I mean, cool.

Sean

And yeah, "Secrets" and "Frame 37" were shown in a huge local screening at a movie theater here in town and "Frame 37" was shown at a small festival in Strasbourg, France. I'm proud of those little shorts. The first 2 I ever did in fact. Been all downhill since then but hey, it's all good. : )

http://home.columbus.rr.com/deepblueedit/Festivals.htm

Michael Fossenkemper May 31st, 2007 05:30 AM

Here are the dates and times that a clip will be shown promoting the show. weeeeee

Monday, June 4th @ 8:30 pm

Saturday, June 16th @ 5:30 am

Tuesday, June 19th @ 12:05 am

Tuesday, June 26th @ 11:40 am

(all times eastern)