DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   Open theme? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/94293-open-theme.html)

Joey Taylor May 17th, 2007 01:49 PM

Open theme?

Dylan, have you considered or would you consider having an "open theme" as the next DVC?

Chris Harris May 21st, 2007 12:26 AM

Where's the fun in that? I think it would kind of defeat the purpose of the challenge.

Dylan Couper May 22nd, 2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Taylor (Post 681176)
Dylan, have you considered or would you consider having an "open theme" as the next DVC?

I'll consider it.
Hmm....
Nah.

:)

Andrew Paul June 14th, 2007 12:08 AM

I agree with Chris, not much fun in having a comp where anyone can do whatever they want. Part of the fun is waiting for the theme and then having hardly any time to come up with an idea, shoot, edit and upload.

Dylan Couper June 14th, 2007 08:55 AM

So who's getting the urge for another DV Challenge?

Jeff Hendricks June 14th, 2007 11:05 AM

sitting at a desk...arm in the air...hand flapping...."ooooh me me me me."

Jeff

Andrew Paul June 14th, 2007 11:21 AM

me me me me me me me me

Just finished 2nd year and have a few months spare. Maybe next one can be made over 2 months ?, 2 Weeks ?, 2 days ?

Count me in anyway, I aint doing the wall this time ............

Fredrik-Larsson June 14th, 2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 696695)
So who's getting the urge for another DV Challenge?

Funny... I was just thinking.. isn't it time for a new DVC soon? :)

Chris Barcellos June 14th, 2007 03:00 PM

Okay. I'm up for it....

Jonathan Jones June 14th, 2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos (Post 696859)
Okay. I'm up for it....

Yeah, me too. I haven't been involved with a DVC since #3 (I competed in 1, 2 & 3) and have only recently finally returned to the land of schedule sanity, so I fully intend to play in the next go 'round. If I begin to waffle as the due date approaches, Lorinda promised to guilt-trip me to keep me on point.

-Jon

Lorinda Norton June 14th, 2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones (Post 696943)
Yeah, me too. I haven't been involved with a DVC since #3 (I competed in 1, 2 & 3) and have only recently finally returned to the land of schedule sanity, so I fully intend to play in the next go 'round. If I begin to waffle as the due date approaches, Lorinda promised to guilt-trip me to keep me on point.

-Jon

Count on it!!! :) It'll be great to have you in on the fun again.

Hey! What happened to the picture of us in Eagle? Was it that bad?

James Huenergardt June 15th, 2007 07:33 AM

Well, since I haven't been able to join the last two, I'm sort of anxious for the next one.

Although, if it's the last week of August or first week or so of September, I won't be able to make it again, unless the theme includes a C-Section (my wife will be delivering kid #2).

So, if we can keep it in July, that would be nice...

Kris Holodak June 15th, 2007 02:23 PM

I'm freed up enough to do any time this summer. And after suffering my first wall of shame I'm eager to redeem myself.

Smile,
Kris

Dylan Couper June 15th, 2007 04:16 PM

More thoughts on the open theme...

If people knew in advance it was an open theme, there would be nothing stopping them from shooting it a month early.

How about instead of an open theme, we do a 72 hour challenge? Thursday night to Sunday night?

Lorinda Norton June 15th, 2007 06:10 PM

Yee haw!!! Sounds like a blast. :)

Of course, it depends on which Thursday to Sunday; if it's the wrong one I might be singin' the blues...