Review Protocol? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old October 8th, 2007, 02:37 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Review Protocol?

In light of the impending new Review section to be implemented in DVinfo, I think it wise to inquire about what protocols, if any (as if), are to be implemented to control content, peer review etc.

This has been spurred, in particular, by this exchange:

http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=105198

(ongoing) which could lead to one of this site's first reviews, of one of this companies first products (and no, I ain't even thinking about doing it, so who, if anyone on DVinfo, will?).

Under what criteria? How will the reviewer be selected? What products, made by whom, made where, will be reviewed? What standards will reviews & reviewers need to adhere to? Is there to be a panel/ list of "experts" on specific subjects/ equipment?

The list goes on.

Just thought I'd raise the flag and see which way the wind was blowing.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 07:34 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately the thread to which you've linked has been taken out of public view. I'm very sensitive about how this site is used, and any company wanting to market their products before our community *must* pass by me first before they get access to DV Info Net for marketing purposes.

Meanwhile it should be noted that we already have a number of reviews on the site; in fact there were product reviews and various articles here long before we had message boards. Those areas are linked from the blue navigation bar at the top of any page (see attached image) and are indexed on our Articles home page (see other attached image).

What's about to change is the process by which a review or an article is added; we're going to significantly streamline the uploading procedure in order to better facilitate the ease and frequency of new content.More to follow with regard to your specific questions as that launch date for our revised articles and reviews system approaches.
Attached Thumbnails
Review Protocol?-dviart1.jpg   Review Protocol?-dviart2.jpg  

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements