DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Sorry about that, folks... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/112170-sorry-about-folks.html)

Chris Hurd January 11th, 2008 05:51 PM

Sorry about that, folks...

Okay, so we got hosed by a malicious script due to a security leak in our image gallery and were offline for about an hour and a half. Anybody who was online at the time and saw that, you might want to run a spyware sweep on your system just to be on the safe side.

No forum data was lost -- everything (recent posts, etc.) is intact -- the security breach has been plugged and I don't think it'll happen again. My apologies for the inconvenience. I'm just glad it happened at the end of the week but before the weekend started.

Nothing to see here... carry on...

Mikko Wilson January 11th, 2008 05:56 PM

Glad to see you are back up with nothing lost Chris. :)

- Mikko

Glenn Chan January 11th, 2008 05:57 PM

That was fixed pretty fast! Good job. :)

Liam Carlin January 11th, 2008 06:01 PM

good job you got it fixed :)

Josh Chesarek January 11th, 2008 06:06 PM

Glad to see all is well. I did some scans with Hijack This, Ad Aware, and Spybot and nothing has turned up. Im on Vista 64.

Tom Hall January 11th, 2008 06:15 PM

DVXuser was worried. Good to here you guys are back up

Christopher Witz January 11th, 2008 06:29 PM

wow.... good job! I got a bit scared there.... don't know what I'd do without my dvinfo addiction!

Hugh Mobley January 11th, 2008 06:41 PM

I use Malware Pro it found what ever it was something I haven't seen before, but it always finds that stuff. good program!

Frank Granovski January 11th, 2008 07:10 PM

There is an image gallery?

Sam Houchins II January 11th, 2008 07:11 PM

Nice recovery! Thanks for staying on top of it and restoring this great service. Somebody must've perceived what a valuable target DV Info is. Whew! Y2K8 and still serving.

Joe Lawry January 11th, 2008 09:05 PM

That was ridiculously fast. Well done Chris!

Mike Andrade January 11th, 2008 10:28 PM

That was fast. I ran into it on my computer at work. What steps should I take to ensure it didn't leave any nasties behind. Its a Mac.

Evan C. King January 12th, 2008 09:43 AM

Great job containing that guys. I was on at the time on my work computer and was like wtf. Why do people have to be such douchebags?

Bill Pryor January 12th, 2008 09:56 AM

Hey, Mike, I don't think we picked up anything on Macs.

Greg Boston January 12th, 2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pryor (Post 807170)
Hey, Mike, I don't think we picked up anything on Macs.

I opened it with my Vista machine and it downloaded a .RAM file to the desktop. I immediately deleted that file then disconnected from the net and ran a scan. It came up clean.

I opened it with the Mac and Safari gave me a pop up about not having the correct plug-in for a mime type of unknown.

I'm hopeful that nobody had their system compromised.

-gb-