Nat'l Asssoc. of Broadcasters (NAB) '08 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old March 17th, 2008, 08:28 PM   #46
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Martorana View Post
Well this will be my 21st consecutive NAB....
Too bad they don't have it in Dallas any more. Would be nice to sleep in my own bed during the convention.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:12 PM   #47
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Strehl View Post
If you are just going to the exhibits, check out this link for free NAB registration:
http://promaxsystems.blogspot.com/20...pass-code.html
Thanks Bill.

I've always wanted to go and now I guess I'm going. I've done the free exhibit registration, replied to the invite Sony sent me and signed up for the LAFCPUG super meet and greet. Anything else I should be thinking of?

Konrad
Konrad Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:33 PM   #48
Regular Crew

I will be there but not working this year (Grass Valley) as I am taking my daughter to see all of the toys
Pat Sipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM   #49
LA FCP UG

You should all stay Wednesday for the SuperMeet. Lots of DVinfo folks will be there including Chris Hurd and entourage. JVC just today donated this for our raffle:

GY-HD200UB 3-CCD ProHD CAMCORDER w/16:1 FUJINON LENS
PACKAGE
Includes: GY-HD200CHU Camcorder Head, 16:9 LCD Viewfinder,
Mic Holder, Microphone, SD Memory Card, Th17x5BRM Fujinon
Lens, KA551 Tripod Plate Adapter, ABTRIMPACPKG2 (battery, charger/adapter), DRHD100 100Gig hard drive, ABFSKIT3 mount - JVC - (Value $8,995)

This brings total value of prizes to be given away to more than $82,000.00

http://www.lafcpug.org/nab_2008
Michael Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #50
Obstreperous Rex

Wow, how else can you go to NAB and come home with a free HD camera package worth $9K -- I know of no other way -- watching this thing find its new lucky owner will be the crowning moment of the FCP SuperMeet before I head back to Centrifuge on the main floor of MGM Grand for a nightcap or three.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:25 AM   #51
LA FCP UG

And now Panasonic has donated this:

Panasonic AG-HSC1U 3-CCD PROLINE Camcorder with 40GB SD
Store Drive ($2099 value)

With a couple other prizes that just came in, total value is now over $86,000.00

Now if we can get Chris to donate dvinfo.net pens we expect total value to soar above ONE MILLION DOLLARS.
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #52
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Michael, I'll bring some DV Info swag for you to give away if you promise to do a Dr. Evil impression on stage. Oh heck, I'll just bring it anyway. Five items, value $10/ea., total $50.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:48 AM   #53
Wrangler

I'll also be doing another presentation this year at the FCPUG Supermeet that may be of interest to multicam FCP editors out there, as well as those with access to cameras with TC IN/OUT capability.
There will be more details to come, but I've called this one "The Fastest Music Video Cut... Ever."
Old April 4th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #54
LA FCP UG

Looking forward Tim. You'll be up first half of show. More later.
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:46 PM   #55
Wrangler

Sony will be presenting my short film "Table Manners" (shot on the EX1 and Redrock M2) in their booth, along with behind-the-scenes footage and interviews. I believe that Douglas Spotted Eagle will also feature it in his presentations during the show.
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:21 AM   #56
Regular Crew

A small NAB pre-show of things to come...

http://digitalcontentproducer.com/de...th/nab_update/
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 10:36 AM   #57
Regular Crew

Anything Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad Haskins View Post
I've always wanted to go and now I guess I'm going. I've done the free exhibit registration, replied to the invite Sony sent me and signed up for the LAFCPUG super meet and greet. Anything else I should be thinking of?
Hi Conrad:

Sorry for not responding sooner, but I've been on the road. I haven't been to an NAB show for more than a decade so I can't offer you any advice on the show. I can tell you that getting around and to/from the convention center can be a real pain. If possible pick a hotel along the monorail line and use that to get around. You can buy different packages for the monorail. The MGM, where the Super Meet takes place, is on the monorail line.

The Las Vegas Trolly is a good way to get around on the Strip. Cost of either a day or night pass is $4.25.
Bill Strehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 12:53 PM   #58
Regular Crew

Bill Thanks for the tip. We are staying at the stratosphere which looks ? to be close to the Monorail and convention center.

Just got an email from Sony. View presentation at NAB and get a $500 of $5000 purchase coupon good thru May 31st.
Konrad Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:01 PM   #59
LA FCP UG

Just make sure you leave the show by 3PM if taking the monorail. Otherwise its an hour or more wait.
Old April 9th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #60
Wrangler

this sounds pretty cool--Dallas Mavericks, isn't that a Mark Cuban production?

------------------------------------------

NBA in 3-D HD Coming to NAB Show

Content Theater to Feature Special Presentation of NBA Basketball Game in 3-D HD

Washington D.C. - April 9, 2008- NAB Show today announced it has added to its Content Theater a presentation examining the live 3-D HD production and transmission of National Basketball Association (NBA) games. The session will look at the league's groundbreaking 3-D HD initiatives, with a special focus on the March 25, 2008 Los Angeles Clippers vs. Dallas Mavericks game, which was the first-ever NBA regular-season game broadcast live in 3-D HD.

The session titled, "Case Study: Live 3-D Sports -Production and Transmission of NBA Basketball in 3-D" will provide attendees with the first opportunity to see and discuss the new NBA footage, as well as examine the challenges and possibilities for the future of live 3-D HD sports broadcast.

Steve Stubelt, director sales & marketing Sony Solutions, SONY Electronics Inc., will moderate the panel, which includes:
. Dave Evans, director of broadcasting, Dallas Mavericks
. Stephen Hellmuth, executive vice president operations and technology, NBA Entertainment
. Mike Rokosa, vice president engineering, NBA Entertainment
. Vince Pace, CEO, Pace; executive producer, "Hannah Montana Concert Film"; 2nd unit DP, "Avatar"; and DP & producer, "NBA FinalsGame #2"

**ALL PARTICIPANTS AVAILABLE FOR MEDIA INTERVIEWS FOLLOWING PRESENTATION**

The NBA originally unveiled games in 3-D HD during the 2007 NBA All-Star Game in Las Vegas with a special invitation-only viewing party at the Mandalay Bay Hotel. The league followed the success of that event by featuring Game 2 of The Finals 2007 in 3-D HD between the San Antonio Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers to more than 14,000 fans at Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena.

This session will join other 3-D as well as sports-centric panels in the new state-of-the-art Content Theater. For a full schedule for the Content Theater, please visit: www.nabshow.com/theater http://www.nabshow.com/theater

In addition, the NAB Show will host a number of sessions dedicated to the Beijing Olympics, which will be the most complex TV production ever, with more HD, broadband video and hours of live sports programming than all previous Olympics combined. The NAB Show Beijing Olympics Workshop Sessions, which will examine the cutting-edge gear and techniques being deployed, include:
. Making the Leap: Transitioning the International Broadcast Center to HD
. Virtual Beijing: Inside the Venues
. Goin' Mobile: Olympic Mobile Production and Flypack Systems at the Summer Games
. Road trip! Local TV Stations and the Olympics
. Inside NBC's Highlights Factory
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements