DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   DVinfoNet websites & Community forum updates... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/119-dvinfonet-websites-community-forum-updates.html)

Chris Hurd October 7th, 2001 08:56 PM

DVinfoNet websites & Community forum updates...

Howdy from Texas,

Got the Watchdog updated with some new user tips and a couple of shoulder brace items, and added Community links to Son of Watchdog & The VX2000 Companion.

Here on the forums, I took Chris Ward and Stephen van Vuren's suggestion and created a new section for those who are using DV for broadcast or theatrical distribution. It's called "DV for the Masses." Hope it's popular! (I know I'm interested.)

Chris Hurd November 2nd, 2001 01:07 PM

XL1 Watchdog updated

Let me know what y'all think... http://www.dvinfo.net/xl1.htm

reelimpact May 4th, 2002 12:47 AM

business & marketing

Hi I just joined this list today, it looks great and seems to have a lot of knowledgable people.
On one of the other lists I frequent they have a business and marketing forum, which I really enjoy and to me is more valuable then the type of equipment each of us use, not that I don't enjoy discussing equipment, but I've found that without sales you don't get to buy the toys.
I was just wondering if there is any chance of one getting started on this board, or if there is any interest at all from others here.

Adrian Douglas May 4th, 2002 06:30 AM

I'd be interested in that for sure. I've always shot for other people where I show up with a master and they give me money(however in the snowboard industry it's more often gear).

I'm getting ready to strike out on my own full time in the next few years and info like that would be really helpful. I've got the tech skills I need but my industry business experience is zip.

Chris Hurd May 4th, 2002 09:35 AM

I am definitely interested in this and have thought about it since the beginning, but I didn't want to load us up with too many forums to start off with. The way it works right now is, if there are enough posts about a certain topic, we'll add a forum for it and move 'em all in there.

Right now I'm about to add a Film Look forum and a Web Video forum because there's already enough threads to put into them. If there's enough interest in a Business & Marketing area, then we'll sure do that too. Thanks,

reelimpact May 4th, 2002 10:34 AM

that's great

it's great to see the response, it's only a couple so far but if there are 3 or 4 responses I'm sure that there are 10-20 lurkers who would be interested.

Guy Pringle May 5th, 2002 01:26 PM

An excellent idea.

No matter what your level of expertise, we can always learn something new and maybe help others in return.

Chris Hurd May 24th, 2002 09:54 PM

Okay you asked for it: new forums are up

"Web Video Delivery," called for more than awhile back, added to the "Post Production -- And Beyond!" category and hosted by my good friend and partner in crime, Adam Brooks.

"Read About it!" toward the bottom of the forum list, get away from the computer screen for awhile and pick up a good book, non-fiction of course, about our technical craft. Ken Tanaka resides.

"Towards a Film Look Using DV" in our "DV Production" category (the topics may fall under the category of post-production as well, but we'll lump 'em in here), does not purport that we actually *can* make DV look like film, but we can sure try.

"General DV Discussion" has been moved to the "DV Production" category and re-named "Open DV Discussion" to avoid confusion with "General Topics" in the "XL1 Watchdog" category. You got all that?

Hope this helps,

K. Forman May 25th, 2002 06:05 AM

Some of us need all the help we can get <g>. I know these new forums will be as informative and entertaining, as the rest that I now read daily. Thanks Chris!
Keith

Drinking my coffee, and liking the world more with each cup!

Ed Smith May 25th, 2002 12:57 PM

You'll never be able to get me off this forum!!!

Cheers Chris,

All the best,

Ed Smith

Robert Knecht Schmidt September 20th, 2002 02:21 AM

Whoa! A whole bunch of new boards today!

Holy smoke!

Vic Owen September 20th, 2002 09:07 PM

Yeah...looks like Chris has outdone himself again!

Thanks, Chris.

Alexander McLeod September 20th, 2002 09:46 PM

Mo bettah for us newbies.
Sandy

ThreeSixtyProductions September 21st, 2002 04:40 PM

I see that camera supports have it's own forum now, can you can audio and mics as it's own forum (taken away from the XL1/s forum)

Chris Hurd September 21st, 2002 04:53 PM

If there's enough interest in it. There was so much about XL1 audio, so that's why it has its own forum. I haven't seen much traffic about other camera audio, but if there is enough, then we can certainly devote a forum to it.