Anyone going to WEVA in Las Vegas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old July 14th, 2003, 08:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone going to WEVA in Las Vegas?

I just bought my ticket today... haven't paid for the convention or hotel, yet... but looks like I'm committed.

A few of you had expressed some dismay with the quality of some of the product you have seen from the "winners".

I'd like to hear more... good or bad... about WEVA's conventions. Especially if you have attended one!

I'd also like to know if anyone else here is going. Perhaps we can split a room to save some cash. (Bally's special is $80 a night x five nights)

Thanks
Old July 15th, 2003, 08:11 AM   #2
Regular Crew

This will be my third year attending the WEVA Expo. I has been one of the best investments I have made in my business. While the overall focus is wedding and event video, there are also excellent seminars on marketing, selling to corporate clients, and camera technique. It also offers me a great break from editing the summer backlog.

WEVA used to host ads for sharing rooms at the Expo. You might check their website to see it that's still the case. Also, I believe there is a local videographers association in your area and they may be able to hook you up with someone to split a room with.

Rick
Old July 17th, 2003, 08:00 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I KNOW there must be more of you out there that have attended WEVA... and have thoughts about it...
Old October 15th, 2003, 12:06 PM   #4
Major Player

I live in Las Vegas, but I have never been to this convention. I have gone to comdex the last three years, and that is a great one, though much less focused on video.

As far as hotels go, you can always check out http://www.vegasrooms.com/rates.htm

and definitely check out http://www.lasvegas.com

You should be able to find some cheaper prices than $80 a night. There's also several hotel's that aren't actually on the strip, so if you aren't set on staying in the same hotel as the convention, those are usually pretty cheap too. All of my relatives stay at the Texas Station, and I've herd its pretty good.

If you have any questions about Las Vegas, I'd be more than happy to answer what I can.
Bryan Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 06:02 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Brian...

I got too busy to take the time off to make it this year... paid for the plane fare and all... oh well...

Yeah, I know I could stay elsewhere, but then there's the transportation issue to deal with (not to mention the hassle) so eighty bucks split in half seemed to be the way to go.

If WEVA is up your alley, you might want to be sure to go next year.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements