DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Forum permissions error? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/127017-forum-permissions-error.html)

Ted OMalley July 30th, 2008 01:57 PM

Forum permissions error?

Does any else get these messages while browsing the forum?

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /conf/forumdisplay.php on this server."

This happens to me about two or three times a day and I don't know why.

Paul Kellett July 30th, 2008 02:03 PM

Yep, had that today for the first time.

Paul.

Rick Jones July 30th, 2008 02:54 PM

I got it the other day. Had to restart Explorer (6.01) and it went away. Just finally loaded Explorer 7.0 today so we'll see if it comes up again

Chris Hurd July 30th, 2008 03:33 PM

Moved here from Sony XDCAM EX, as this topic has nothing to do with XDCAM EX. If you can state the browser version and OS you're using, it'll help us to properly identify and correct the problem. Thanks in advance,

Ted OMalley July 30th, 2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 914373)
Moved here from Sony XDCAM EX, as this topic has nothing to do with XDCAM EX. If you can state the browser version and OS you're using, it'll help us to properly identify and correct the problem. Thanks in advance,

IE 7 on Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Edward Troxel July 30th, 2008 07:17 PM

I see it periodically on Firefox 2.0.0.16 on XP Pro Service Pack 2

Ray Bell July 30th, 2008 07:46 PM

Just had the same error.... I'm on XP pro

It happened when I hit the reload button on the Internet explorer browser...

One thing I'd like to bring up too...

Is there a way to setup so that the initial screen for DVINFO does not get orphaned on
the desktop when we hit the communities button??

Mike Beckett July 31st, 2008 01:37 AM

Chris,

I think this is the 403 error that I (and others) reported a while ago. I'm still getting it reasonably regularly, and it only happened since the forum upgrade.

One thing I have noticed. I use IE7 (latest service pack) and I when I get the 403 error, I open up Firefox (2 or 3, it doesn't matter) and try the same page by copying + pasting the URL - and it works. Or, if I close IE7 and open it again, it seems to work. Or, if I wait 60 seconds then try again in IE, it works.

I wonder is it a session cookie problem or something similar?

Not a huge problem really, just something that's a little bit odd.

David Beisner July 31st, 2008 06:07 AM

I have it every now and then, but I usually find that its because IE has somehow logged me out... don't know how that happens 'cause I'll go from making a post straight to another page and it'll kick me off... I'm guessing its a problem with my browser settings and cookies somewhere to where it's wiping them every so often.

Ted OMalley July 31st, 2008 06:33 AM

When it happens to me, I can't usually navigate anywhere and have to wait. Thirty seconds seems to be all it takes though. I keep clicking on the link, then back, than the link, then back -- eventually I get there.

Ted OMalley July 31st, 2008 06:35 AM

Also, though the IE screen I get does not say 403 on it, under the original error message I posted it does list the server info:

Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) PHP/4.4.7 Server at www.dvinfo.net Port 80

Ted OMalley July 31st, 2008 06:38 AM

More information:

I get many more of these if I am jumping around quickly, as I sometimes do. just reading a page and moving on doesn't usually do anything, but clicking back a few times quickly and then a new thread will usually result in that page.

Since last night, I have probably seen that page about a dozen times.