DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Trouble with notification of new posts? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/128182-trouble-notification-new-posts.html)

Chris Hurd October 25th, 2008 11:04 AM

Sorry about that, folks... we'll look into it.

Josh Chesarek October 25th, 2008 11:58 AM

I was wondering what happened...

Jeff Harper October 26th, 2008 12:16 AM

Glad I looked here....I'm glad I'm not the only one. I love that feature, wondered what wazzzup. Thanks Chris. I swear this is the best run board on the net.

Trond Saetre October 26th, 2008 02:38 AM

Seems like Chris has solved the problem.
The notifications work fine again now. :)

Trond Saetre October 26th, 2008 07:30 AM

I was too happy too early in my previous post.

Got some notifications this morning, and thought everything was fine.
But there has been some new posts in threads I subscribe to today, and I still haven't got any notifications about those posts.

Vito DeFilippo October 26th, 2008 07:21 PM

Yeah, it's happening to me too. I thought I was imagining it until I saw this thread. Still the greatest board ever!

Galen Rath October 26th, 2008 09:16 PM

Best Board

I agree this is a great board, best I have ever seen on the internet. I never see a nasty, discourteous reply when someone asks a simple question that is common elsewhere.

Ervin Farkas October 29th, 2008 07:54 AM

Five days later...

... still no messages...

Is this something affecting everyone or just a few people?

Chris Hurd October 29th, 2008 05:21 PM

Perhaps you guys can help me to properly diagnose the problem. Can you please switch to the daily email notification option, and tell me whether or not that one's working? Thanks in advance,

Vito DeFilippo October 29th, 2008 07:56 PM

Okay, Chris, I just changed to daily. I'll let you know in a few days if I get something or not. Haven't had any notifications for at least a week, maybe more.

Maybe it's all a ploy to get us to visit the boards more often, hehe...:-)

Wait, is that possible? I'm already here all day.

Thanks,
Vito

Chris Hurd October 29th, 2008 08:04 PM

Ha -- thanks Vito. The dailies are sent out around 7pm central time. It shouldn't take 24 hours to find out if they're working or not. Much appreciated,

Ervin Farkas October 29th, 2008 09:27 PM

I also switched to daily. Better than nothing, if in fact it works. I am just realizing now, together with a lot of other people, how dependent we are on this forum...

I suspect Chris is just trying to test us and soon will come with a dollar figure to fix it...

*wink*

Trond Saetre October 30th, 2008 05:27 AM

Changed to daily notifications too.
Chris, I´ll let you know if that helps or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas (Post 957463)
I am just realizing now, together with a lot of other people, how dependent we are on this forum...

Dependent? Yes we sure are dependent of this forum! I´m here every single day if I have access to the net.

Trond Saetre October 31st, 2008 03:27 AM

Chris:

I changed the notifications for a couple of the threads I subscribe to to "daily" yesterday. Still haven´t received any notifications at all. Even though at least one of the threads have got more posts after I changed the notification settings.

For this thread, I´m changing back to "instant notifications" to see if there will be any changes.

Ervin Farkas October 31st, 2008 06:32 AM

Same here Chris,

I have not received anything last night.