Any site / server problems -- post here. - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old January 20th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #46
Major Player

Posting error.

Hi. Hope this is the appropriate place to post this. I send a few emails to help staff but didn't hear back. And I've been looking for info on the error message in previous threads but so far have come up short. Anyone ever get this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4194304 bytes) in /export/sites/dvinfo.net/docs/conf/includes/functions_search.php on line 197

Is it saying my post should be shorter perhaps? I've tried posting it several times but always the same result.
Josh Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:59 PM   #47
Major Player

re:

Anyone else bumped into this problem?
Josh Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 02:03 PM   #48
New Boot

Looks more like a server memory error rather than being caused by anything you are doing Josh.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:13 PM   #49
Wrangler

Agreed - some kind of glitch on the server. Whenever you see something which you wish to call to our attention, use the little red triangular icon with the exclamation point in the bottom left corner of each post. That will allow you to create a report which is automatically sent to the moderators.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:11 AM   #50
Major Player

I was having some serious load issues earlier today, according to the status bar at the bottom of my Firefox ver 3.0.5 it was trying to load the adserver and would just freeze for several minutes. Seems fine this evening but i figured I would mention it. Thanks for all the hard work!
Old January 27th, 2009, 06:20 AM   #51
Inner Circle

I thought it was my internet connection...

... seems like others have this issue too. Both on the corporate LAN at work and on AT&T DSL at home I get this slow load of pages intermittently. Also, I lost a few posts to the monster... had to write them again - so I got into the habit of selecting the text I just typed and copying it "just in case"...

Could it be the ad server? I had my church site doing this - the whole main page would not load because the news text (from another site) loading in a side bar was slow... took it out, problem solved.

I'm on IE, both machines.
Old January 27th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #52
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Daugherty View Post
I was having some serious load issues earlier today, according to the status bar at the bottom of my Firefox ver 3.0.5 it was trying to load the adserver and would just freeze for several minutes. Seems fine this evening but i figured I would mention it. Thanks for all the hard work!
Yes, this is happening on my Firefox. I've just got through half way through a game of Solitaire waiting to put up this reply.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:33 AM   #53
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks for the reports, Brian, Ervin and Bryan. It's an ongoing process.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #54
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Thanks for the reports, Brian, Ervin and Bryan. It's an ongoing process.
Your welcome and thank you and your team for the continuing hard work!
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #55
Obstreperous Rex

Obviously it's a little slow this morning (once again) -- rest assured we're working on it,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:28 PM   #56
Regular Crew

its been very slow for me for about a month or so. Continues to be slow today.
Howard Churgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:54 PM   #57
Major Player

Was there a server issue or is it my connection?

For the last 30 minutes DVinfo.net was offline according to my firefox, I could load other websites but could not see anything here? Is everything ok? Is it just me?
Old February 5th, 2009, 09:50 AM   #58
Regular Crew

Not loading at all...

This week I've been trying to load a new thread in "All things audio" with an audio sample.

At first I tried attaching a 640x480 WMV 2meg file and it would not load,

Then I tried attaching a 320x240 WMV 1.5meg file and it would not load,

Finally I tried loading a simple WAV 2meg file and it still would'nt load.

It's not a question of "slow to load" it just does not load at all, exactly like when you load a file that dosent respect the filetype chart. Am I missing something here? thanks.
Donald Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 11:02 PM   #59
Inner Circle

Support Your Local Camera...........

Not a problem per se, more an ongoing niggle which could be better handled, maybe.

I keep "losing" posts in the main forum.

When you click on the "Support Your etc etc" it takes you straight to the "Sub Forums" list, under which the main (generalised) forum sits.

On my screen the main forum is almost invisible unless I scroll down, which if I'm diving into the "sub forum" list I keep forgetting to do.

As such, posts can sit there for days or even weeks till I remember to do that scoll.

I've been wracking my brain trying to work out a better way of setting it out:

Option 1: Include the main forum as an extra element in the "sub forum" list which would almost perfectly fill my screen, giving me access to the "general" list with an extra mouse click.

Option 2: On the "Support Your etc etc" section on the home page, make the sub forums and the general forum two seperate buttons on the same line.

Both options, unfortunately, replace a scroll with a click, which is not a good thing.

I'm sure there are other options that I haven't thought of.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Or do I simply get a brain transplant so I stop forgetting to do that scroll?

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #60
New Boot

Problem searching

When I attempt a search, I get the following message. I have not idea what this is about, I can find no place to answer a NoSpam! question. Any help? I tried emailing the "Forum Contact" person but have received no reply to date.

"You answered the NoSpam! question incorrectly. Please reevaluate your answer or, if you found yourself unable to answer it, you can refresh for another question if the administrator has enabled multiple questions. If you find yourself repeatedly unable to answer the NoSpam! questions, please contact the forum administration."
Kip McDowell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements