DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Any site / server problems -- post here. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/137013-any-site-server-problems-post-here.html)

Tom Sherwood April 21st, 2009 01:02 PM

I've had a few posts disappear on me??? I've replied to someone's thread only to find out my post is missing the next day. I wonder if my computer is the problem, are my posts being deleted by a mod, or the last option which is highly unlikely.... pilot error???? Its happened a few times now. One was a new thread that I started... What the heck.
Hopefully this post doesn't disappear.

Pete Bauer April 21st, 2009 01:14 PM

Tom, I'll send you an email.

Graham Hickling April 23rd, 2009 09:02 PM

Can't access the list of my previous posts

It used to be that one could access a link to a list of all one's previous forum posts via the "View my profile the way other see it" link.

But now when I try that, the page with the link I'm wanting flashes up for a only a fraction of a second and then disappears again!

Anyone else having this problem?

Pete Bauer April 24th, 2009 12:55 PM

Jeff Kramer, the server guru, and Chris are aware and working on it. For now I continue to get random timeouts with a message:

"503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request."

Anyone else, or just me?

Ervin Farkas April 24th, 2009 12:58 PM

I've seen it a few times.

Mike Beckett April 24th, 2009 01:25 PM

Just to add my voice:

The forum's been pretty tempermental today. Lots of 503 errors, and then for a lot of the day the links didn't work - I could open sub-forums OK (such as Open DV or the UWOL forum), but opening a post would link off to dev.dvinfo.net where I was logged out and a couple of days posts were missing.

I've had the problems in Chrome and IE7, both at home on DSL and on my office leased line.

It does seem to be back in business now, though!

Jack Smith April 30th, 2009 09:09 PM

no log in

I'm not getting a log in box at the top of the page.The place where it used to be is now covered by an Adobe Banner and the home,news,articles,forum,videos,shop bar.

I have a work around by doing a search and it fails saying I'm not logged in.But gives me a place to login there.

Ervin Farkas May 1st, 2009 06:44 AM

Amnesia

The server seems to have amnesia - the "keep me logged in" feature works some days... other days I need to log in again.

Chris Hurd May 1st, 2009 06:47 AM

Jack, what display settings is your browser using? We tried to optimize it for 1024 x 768.

A mobile version will be in the works soon.

Rick Bolton May 1st, 2009 03:47 PM

Chris - I'm getting quite a few 503 Server Unavailable notices late yesterday and throughout today.

Christopher Glavan May 1st, 2009 07:05 PM

I'm unable to stay logged in. I enter my name and pass, it thanks me for logging in, then takes me back to the main page... but not logged in.

=(

Ervin Farkas May 5th, 2009 12:41 PM

More weird behavior: on the main page http://dvinfo.net/conf/ I'm not logged in (displays the login box in upper right corner), but when I go to a forum, I'm logged in.

Also, panels won't "stick" at next login (preference not memorized by server).

Not to mention the whole site barely crawling, veeery slow all day today.

Jack Smith May 5th, 2009 11:16 PM

Thanks for responding Chris. I've been away.
Display is 800 x 600 I know the site has been 1024 for quite a while and has always worked fine until recently. I can send a screen shot.
Actually I sent you an email with the screen shot April 20 which is when the problem began.
I can another if you like.Let me know.

Jack Smith May 24th, 2009 09:24 PM

Any thoughts on why the loggin doesn't show?

Frank Simpson May 31st, 2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher Glavan (Post 1136182)
I'm unable to stay logged in. I enter my name and pass, it thanks me for logging in, then takes me back to the main page... but not logged in.

=(

I, too have been having this difficulty for the past month or so. I have to log in multiple times, and it has taken as many as seven times(!) to get the login to "take".

The "remember me": function no longer seems to work at all.

Very strange...