DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Any site / server problems -- post here. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/137013-any-site-server-problems-post-here.html)

Ervin Farkas June 1st, 2009 05:16 AM

Keep me logged in

Just a shot in the dark: might be that the login issues are browser related? Or maybe related to certain versions of the browser?

It seems to work now all the time on my work PC which runs IE7, but will not remember me on my home PC running IE8.

Alister Chapman June 4th, 2009 11:19 AM

Error 503

I'm getting lots of Error 503, No server Available messages. Getting to the point where the board is unusable.

Mike Beckett June 4th, 2009 12:00 PM

Lots of slowness and Gateway Timeout errors at the moment for me too.

Chris Hurd June 4th, 2009 01:57 PM

Thanks for the heads-up; we'll get this issue cleaned up right away.

Mike Beckett June 4th, 2009 02:05 PM

It's actually a lot better now Chris, so whatever you've done, it worked. Maybe you did nothing!

I'm reminded of a phone-in on Irish radio, the caller couldn't hear the presenter:

Caller: "I can't hear you."
Presenter: "Hang on". Pause. "Is that better?"
Caller: "Much better."
Presenter: "Well I didn't do anything."

Boyd Ostroff June 12th, 2009 03:21 PM

FWIW, I just got the "503 Service Unavailable - No server is available to handle this request." error twice now (5:20PM EDT Friday). The first error came after making a post (athough the post did appear), then I got the same thing when clicking on one of the forums.

Lorinda Norton July 22nd, 2009 06:49 PM

Testing...one....two...

Lorinda Norton July 22nd, 2009 07:28 PM

Well now...that was odd. But whatever the glitch, thanks for getting us back together here, Jeff!

Chris Hurd July 22nd, 2009 07:43 PM

We had quite a hiccup there from 4:45pm to 8:30pm CT but Jeff got us back in the saddle as usual (thanks Jeff!)

Bryan Daugherty July 24th, 2009 04:17 PM

Glad you guys got it fixed, I have actually been having a hard time getting on for a few days but all is good since the last fix. Thanks to you and your team for being on the ball!

Andrew Smith July 25th, 2009 07:42 AM

Hi Chris,

No matter what I set (eg "instant email notification") when I make a post, I never receive emails regarding activity on a thread that I am following.

Is it possible to have this fixed?

Andrew Smith

Boyd Ostroff August 10th, 2009 04:38 PM

Here's a new one. From the main forum index I clicked the "View Forum Leaders" link at the bottom of the page and got a blank page with
Quote:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 86 bytes) in /export/sites/dvinfo.net/docs/conf/includes/functions.php on line 3964
Running Firefox 3.05 on Vista Home Premium 64 bit

Ervin Farkas August 11th, 2009 05:17 AM

Does the server set a time limit for staying logged in? Any other condition?

I always check the "keep me logged in" box - sometimes I stay logged in for a few days, other times it kicks me out the same day, totally erratic.

Cookies from DVinfo are allowed on the PC, and I am using IE.

Thanks,

Andrew Smith August 12th, 2009 10:32 AM

The site speed seems normal right now, but after submitting a comment or navigating to another page I am sometimes getting a time-out error. A retry usually fixes it.

Using the latest Firefox on XP.

Andrew

Allan Black August 16th, 2009 07:50 PM

I seem to be getting emailed post notifications from the Audio and Canon XHA1 boards but not from the others..?

Also none of my posts have ever shown up in New Posts.

No cheers.