DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Any site / server problems -- post here. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/137013-any-site-server-problems-post-here.html)

Danny Dale September 7th, 2009 05:46 PM

what happened to the 'edit' option?

I'm logged in and trying to adjust the price in my post listed in the 'Private Classified' section and can't find the 'edit' button... anyone know what happened to it?

Thanks

Chris Hurd September 7th, 2009 09:14 PM

Reply to that thread with a follow-up post containing the corrected info.

Danny Dale September 7th, 2009 09:22 PM

Thanks Chris... and Happy Eight!

Adam Gold September 7th, 2009 09:24 PM

...because the edit button goes away after about a day, and your original listing post was three days ago.

Danny Dale September 7th, 2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Gold (Post 1325474)
...because the edit button goes away after about a day, and your original listing post was three days ago.

did not know that... thanks for the info

Tanya Duvic October 26th, 2009 11:02 AM

Password reset without my permission

I have JUST joined and had just logged in, made my introductory post when I get an email saying I had a new passowrd. I never requested to have a new password sent. While trying to log in using the now new one it was reset AGAIN.... who is resetting my password?

Edit: Added - I just received an email explaining the error... thanks and case closed.

Chris Hurd October 26th, 2009 11:05 AM

Hi Tanya, sorry about that -- my fault. Fixed now though. Welcome aboard!

Steve Phillipps October 27th, 2009 03:30 PM

Waiting 5 seconds between searches

I assume it's a new thing that we are told "this forum requires you wait 5 seconds between searches" as I've not seen it before. Anyway, there's obviously some glitch with it as after waiting a few seconds then searching again it says the message, then "please wait another 29 seconds"! then do it again and it says "wait another 129 seconds"!
Ghosts in the machine, or is it just my machine?
Steve

Chris Hurd October 27th, 2009 03:40 PM

Which browser and OS are you using, Steve?

Steve Phillipps October 28th, 2009 12:04 PM

Windows XP, Internet Explorer.
Steve

Daniel Bates October 28th, 2009 01:12 PM

I get the same thing from time to time on my Macbook Pro (Safari 4.0.3).

Jenn Kramer October 28th, 2009 01:38 PM

Search is unfortunately, really, really hard on the server. Due to the way our forum software implements it a complex search, especially several at once, can impact site performance for everyone for a significant amount of time. That's why the timings go up, the forum app is telling you that there are too many searches and performance is degrading, so it needs to wait. A good option if you aren't searching for posts by a specific user or in a specific forum is to use the site-wide google search box at the top of the page.

Chris Soucy October 28th, 2009 02:59 PM

Being Logged Out on Refresh

Gotta be quick else this problem will get me into a world of pain (again).

Seems that every time I do a refresh OR wake the pc from sleep mode, yet again I've been logged out of DVinfo.

Worse, it does it whilst writing posts, and God help me if I try to use attachments!

I write a post, send it, only to be told I'm logged out. Log back in, attach er, attachment, only to be told by the attachment thingy I've been logged out.

Log in on the attachment thingy and go back to my post, send it, only to be told I've logged in subsequent to writitng the post so the system can't handle my post.

Poof, post and attachment gone in a puff of smoke.

Most frustrating.

Thought it might clear but it's been nearly a month.

Using XP and IE 8

Help!

CS

Allan Black October 28th, 2009 03:18 PM

Chris, for that reason I always write my posts in XP notepad then copy and paste into the forum.

Keeps a copy in case the link disappears.

Cheers.

Chris Hurd October 28th, 2009 03:31 PM

There's also another Google search box at the bottom of every page that will let you search either site-wide or the entire Web.