DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Classifieds access? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/138527-classifieds-access.html)

James Miller November 27th, 2008 05:16 AM

Classifieds access?

Not sure why you have to be logged in to view as a lot of the time I browse the forums without first logging in and miss this section, and I suppose others might miss this as well.

James

Pete Bauer November 27th, 2008 12:44 PM

It is because the PRIVATE CLASSIFIED section is an extra-value service ONLY for active members in good standing, not everyone (scammer or not) who browses by the site, or joins just to plug their eBay listings, etc., all of which we have had problems with in the past.

Based on similar queries and Chris' responses in the past, I don't anticipate a change. DVinfo is about info, and the classified section is just a courtesy bonus feature rather than a core part of what DVinfo does. You got your plug in here paired with your question, but normally NO sales posts outside the Private Classified section are allowed. Best luck with your ad, and Happy US Thanksgiving!

Chris Hurd November 27th, 2008 12:58 PM

Also, we don't allow ad-plugging in the camera fora. These fora are for technical and creative Q&A only.

Expect this thread to disappear soon...

James Miller November 27th, 2008 01:08 PM

Thanks Pete, I understand.
It's a shame its set that way, all to stop people abusing the system. If only there was a better way to sell on this site as I would pay for gladly pay for the advert.

I can't remember the roots of this web site but it was in the days of just the XL1 Watchdog. It sure has grown some roots now. Bandwidth gets a little tight this time of night but its worth the wait.

Memories: (The Wayback Machine)
d v i n f o . n e t -- Digital Video Information Network

KR, James

Tim Davison February 5th, 2009 04:05 AM

How many posts do you have to make before you can view the private classified section?

Chris Hurd February 5th, 2009 07:48 AM

Posts aren't required -- you can have zero posts and get access to Classifieds.

It comes with time; new accounts are automatically updated to Classifieds access at the 60-day mark.

Tim Davison February 5th, 2009 08:19 AM

Ah ok, thanks Chris

Mark Boyer March 20th, 2009 04:12 PM

Where is the Classified Section?

Where do I locate the Classified section?

Adam Gold March 20th, 2009 05:15 PM

Um, did you even read any of the posts above yours?

Justin Thieda May 17th, 2009 02:30 PM

I hate to rehash this, but...

Chris,
... is there anyway to "view" the classifieds earlier, or is 60 days the end all, be all? I understand not wanting people to use this fora for spam or e-bay without truly being a part of it, but it seems like it would be benefitial for someone such as myself, just looking for good deals to get the ball rolling on the removal of that whole "newbie" label. I was just curious if it was possible to block us new people from posting in that thread, but still allowing us to view it, without blocking us from the whole forum? I understand if it isn't, and also understand that 60 days isn't all that long. I guess it is possible for non-regulars to use the benefits of browsing classifieds without using the forum as well, so maybe I am answering my own question and am just stupid. lol. I just got the bug and am looking for all the help I can. In the end, I respect any rules that are in place, but figured I'd ask in case it might be a possible and realistic request for future review. Thanks for your time sir.

Justin