DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   A hearty "Welcome Back" for CH (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/141665-hearty-welcome-back-ch.html)

Chris Soucy January 16th, 2009 12:41 AM

A hearty "Welcome Back" for CH

Glad to have you back on the boards, Chris, oh, and a belated "Happy Christmas and Merry New Year" to boot.

Your break has not gone unnoticed.

Mr Bauer et al have been doing a pretty good job in your absence (tho' referring to me as "Mr Soucy" was a low blow, but then, maybe I deserved it!).

I'm hoping you've returned full of all sorts on interesting stuff from trade show(s), but, then again, better still, hope you had a chance to just plain chill out, watching the sun come up and set again in the company of nice people and cold beer.

Whatever, welcome home.

CS

Chris Hurd January 16th, 2009 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Why thank you, Chris... I just did four trade shows (MWSF, CES, AVN, PPA) in three cities (SFO, LAS, PHX) over eleven days (Jan 4 - 14). Lots of new accounts to process...

Eugene Fong January 16th, 2009 12:35 PM

Welcome back can't wait for the details on all the new gear coming out.

How about adding some sub-boards dedicated to the new models especially with all the AVCHD Cams coming out from Canon and Sony not to mention Panasonic, Samsung and the rest.

E

Bryan Daugherty January 20th, 2009 01:35 AM

Wow! i had no idea, given all that you have been up to, thanks for processing me so quickly. Glad to be a part of this!

Ervin Farkas January 20th, 2009 09:21 AM

Adult entertainment & wicked pictures, Chris? Hmmm... I thought that was prohibited around here...

Welcome back!

Chris Hurd January 20th, 2009 02:04 PM

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the adult entertainment industry, the fact is that this particular market drives pretty much all new technology. My old studio is now a KulaByte reseller, and we were there to exhibit live, real-time Full HD streaming over the web in the business pavilion. The other item of interest at AVN (that is, from a technology perspective) was the big leap that 3D display technology is making, and believe it or not, this particular subject is much easier to discuss on a professional level at length among business-minded people at AVN, rather than the utter mayhem and confusion of CES (and yes, I split my time in Las Vegas pretty much evenly between both shows).

Anybody who has attended AVN as a trade representative (rather than as an industry fan) will tell you that it is just another trade show, and that a lot of business is done there. It's some kind of issue primarily for those who have never been there and thus have only their own misconceptions about it, or who are hung up in general regarding the nature of that industry.

This year's show wasn't my first, and we have long-standing contributing members and dedicated readers on this site who make a living in the adult entertainment business. That type of content has never been a particular discussion topic here and never will be, but as the core aspects of business, production and post-production, etc., don't change for that market segment, those folks have always been welcome to visit and participate here on a professional level -- as many of them do on a regular basis that you might not be aware of, because they know how to talk around it.

For me, the highlight of AVN this time around was having lunch on Wednesday with Tommy Gunn. Otherwise, it was business as usual in a trade show atmosphere that was much easier to navigate than the sprawling acreage of CES, not to mention a much lower stress level. Hope this helps,