DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Forum rules question re: stolen video gear (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/143941-forum-rules-question-re-stolen-video-gear.html)

Ervin Farkas February 16th, 2009 08:39 PM

Forum rules question re: stolen video gear

Chris,

I can't find the forum rules... I searched and searched for about 15 minutes, and I have to give up and ask you directly.

What are the forum rules regarding stolen video gear? It seems like my church has been broken into - still awaiting the details at the moment, Police is at the scene. Can I post details of the stolen stuff 'just in case' something shows up somewhere?

Thanks,

Ervin Farkas February 18th, 2009 07:12 AM

Generally, silence equals with a 'no' answer.

I'll take that.

Thanks,

Greg Laves February 18th, 2009 07:57 AM

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

I am not a forum moderator and I can't answer the question but I would think any forum would like to do what it can to stop theft. I would suggest emailing one of the mods.

Noel Lising February 18th, 2009 08:10 AM

I have posted stolen items in the past at DVI. We lost 1 ex3, 2 350s. It may seem an exercise in futility but who knows maybe one day the equipment will pop out of somewhere.

Pete Bauer February 18th, 2009 08:31 AM

With all the admin to keep up with the web site, Chris may well have missed this particular post (would have been better to email this kind of question). I'll mention it to him.

Shawn McCalip February 19th, 2009 12:45 AM

Ugh... Sorry to hear about that. Stolen gear is the worst. I'd rather my gear break into pieces by my own hands than have someone steal it... Hopefully you have your serial number(s) handy. Watch places like eBay and Craigslist like a hawk to see if your gear pops up.

Rick L. Allen February 19th, 2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas (Post 1013222)
It seems like my church has been broken into - still awaiting the details at the moment, Police is at the scene. Can I post details of the stolen stuff 'just in case' something shows up somewhere?

Here's a link to a good place to post the info; Welcome to the broadcastvideo.com NetPolice

Chris Hurd February 21st, 2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas (Post 1013916)
Generally, silence equals with a 'no' answer.

Silence from me isn't a "no" unless the question is asked a few times more than once, and even then it still might not be a no.

It's very difficult to keep up with hundreds of new posts per day, especially with my current travel schedule (I was just in Las Vegas for WPPI when this thread was started), and Pete is right, this should have been asked via email -- but the answer is *of course* we'll do whatever we can to help. I guess the only real question is where to put it. As a sticky thread in Industry News is the best location I can think of.