Forum rules question re: stolen video gear at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old February 16th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Forum rules question re: stolen video gear

Chris,

I can't find the forum rules... I searched and searched for about 15 minutes, and I have to give up and ask you directly.

What are the forum rules regarding stolen video gear? It seems like my church has been broken into - still awaiting the details at the moment, Police is at the scene. Can I post details of the stolen stuff 'just in case' something shows up somewhere?

Thanks,
Old February 18th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Generally, silence equals with a 'no' answer.

I'll take that.

Thanks,
Old February 18th, 2009, 07:57 AM   #3
Major Player

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

I am not a forum moderator and I can't answer the question but I would think any forum would like to do what it can to stop theft. I would suggest emailing one of the mods.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:10 AM   #4
Major Player

I have posted stolen items in the past at DVI. We lost 1 ex3, 2 350s. It may seem an exercise in futility but who knows maybe one day the equipment will pop out of somewhere.
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #5
Wrangler

With all the admin to keep up with the web site, Chris may well have missed this particular post (would have been better to email this kind of question). I'll mention it to him.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 12:45 AM   #6
Major Player

Ugh... Sorry to hear about that. Stolen gear is the worst. I'd rather my gear break into pieces by my own hands than have someone steal it... Hopefully you have your serial number(s) handy. Watch places like eBay and Craigslist like a hawk to see if your gear pops up.
Shawn McCalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 04:53 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas View Post
It seems like my church has been broken into - still awaiting the details at the moment, Police is at the scene. Can I post details of the stolen stuff 'just in case' something shows up somewhere?
Here's a link to a good place to post the info; Welcome to the broadcastvideo.com NetPolice
Old February 21st, 2009, 06:49 AM   #8
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas View Post
Generally, silence equals with a 'no' answer.
Silence from me isn't a "no" unless the question is asked a few times more than once, and even then it still might not be a no.

It's very difficult to keep up with hundreds of new posts per day, especially with my current travel schedule (I was just in Las Vegas for WPPI when this thread was started), and Pete is right, this should have been asked via email -- but the answer is *of course* we'll do whatever we can to help. I guess the only real question is where to put it. As a sticky thread in Industry News is the best location I can think of.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements