DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   DVi nearing 1,000,000th post? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/145067-dvi-nearing-1-000-000th-post.html)

Chris Light March 4th, 2009 01:34 AM

DVi nearing 1,000,000th post?

...according to the "statistics"...that's amazing. there's a voice on the internet here.

i just hope the 1 millionth post isn't something like "dude, I know."

or another one like this one. sorry.

Greg Boston March 4th, 2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Light (Post 1021942)
i just hope the 1 millionth post isn't something like "dude, I know."

Nope, we tend to remove those types of posts because they add nothing to the signal level while adding to the noise.

One million huh? I can almost hear the database gears grinding a bit under the strain. Hehe.

Thanks for bringing that impending milestone to the community's attention.

-gb-

Nicholas de Kock March 4th, 2009 06:56 AM

Incredible Milestone!!!
Won't be long...

Dylan Couper March 4th, 2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholas de Kock (Post 1022017)
Incredible Milestone!!!
Won't be long...

Dude, I know!

err...

I mean, it's pretty amazing how far DVinfo has come!

Chris Hurd March 4th, 2009 10:24 AM

I'm not sure how this happened -- we've done everything we can to keep the meta-discussion low, stay away from chat, purge inactive accounts, keep things tightly focused, etc. but it still looks like we'll have our first million anyway, sometime today.

Thanks y'all,

Michael Kraus March 4th, 2009 02:40 PM

as long as it's nothing stupid, the millionth poster should win something cool...like a tasty dessert or something...

...ok yeah i am low on creativity at the moment.

Jeffrey Butler March 4th, 2009 03:23 PM

Free Color Chart! Yippee!

I think the one millionth post should get a DSC color chart or something. And I'm glad you prune the board. Grows better that way.

Matt Buys March 4th, 2009 04:42 PM

Congrats to 1 million. Quantity and quality. Chris, consider yourself an internet site millionaire.

Chris Hurd March 4th, 2009 04:50 PM

Giveaways are always a good thing, but not as an incentive to artifically drive a post count -- we prefer to let that happen naturally. Now... if I had a nickel for every post... hmm.

Took a little while, but we finally got there! The next million is easier and quicker, or so I'm told anyway.

Bill Thesken March 9th, 2009 12:01 AM

So is it official? 1,000,000? +

Chris Hurd March 9th, 2009 02:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, see attached...

Bill Thesken March 9th, 2009 05:11 PM

With over a million posts, I'm thinking there must be around 50 million hits? People like me looking for info, once out of 50 times posting a note or video, noticing the banner ads and giving them a call for a product.

Chris Hurd March 9th, 2009 05:31 PM

Well, a million posts have accumulated since we started the forum on Sept. 5th of 2001. Currently we're serving over 2 million pages per month to more than 600 thousand visitors per month. There's still plenty of room for growth.

Chris Light March 11th, 2009 01:26 AM

i thought my original post about this milestone would come and go. i'm glad it didn't. i just noticed the stat when i signed on that night (yet never noticed it before, oops) if it weren't for this forum, i'd still be thinking that dvd-cameras were going to make me money someday. thanks to the proprietors of this great site for attracting the kinds of people that it does. i have learned so much from all of you, unbeknownst of course :-)

Chris

EDIT: and Mr Hurd...there's a nice little town right next to mine here in CA called San Marcos...just a point of interest. ah well. that is all haha.

Guy Cochran March 11th, 2009 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Amazing! Long Live Analog!

(Picture from 2002) Shortly after DVinfo.net graced the universe.