DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Lady X Films - Open Call (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/15612-lady-x-films-open-call.html)

Ken Tanaka October 11th, 2003 12:08 AM

Lady X Films - Open Call

The Lady X Films project has been extremely popular. Although the series is technically "booked" we have decided to offer up to THREE additional filmmakers the opportunity to submit an episode for the series. Here are the basic terms of the offer.

(1) We will select up to three new episode proposals. Prospective producers must send a COMPLETED SCRIPT to hq@ladyxfilms.com by 11:59pm Chicago time (4:59am GMT), Friday, October 24, 2003. The script must meet the basic series guidelines as set forth in the Entry Kit. WE CAN ONLY CONSIDER EPISODE PROPOSALS THAT ARE ACCOMPANIED BY A COMPLETED SCRIPT. The script need not be in perfect Hollywood screenwriters' format but it must clearly be in script form (ex: scenes, dialogue and action clearly denoted) and cover the all of your episode's story details. No "brief outlines" or "concept papers", please.

(2) We will consider and accept scripts in the order in which we receive them. Scripts will be judged on the basis of
  • their consistency with the Lady X Films series guidelines, and
  • our assessment of the producer's ability to actually deliver a completed episode of the script by the submission deadline.
We will make our selections and notify all applicants no later than Friday, October 31, 2003.

(3) Each new producer accepted into the series will have to submit a completed Conditions for Participation agreement (as with all other producers in the series) within 48 hours of being accepted. The form is contained in the Entry Kit, noted above.

(4) The deadline for our receipt of each completed episode will be Monday, December 15, 2003. THIS IS A FIRM DEADLINE AND WE WILL NOT SCREEN ANY EPISODE RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE.

(5) Each episode will be given a "marquee" week during which it is featured on the Lady X Films site's main page, just as all other episodes have been featured, and will be treated as part of the regular series.

So, if you've been waiting for an opportunity to take part in the Lady X Films series, now may be your chance. Yes, the deadlines of this opportunity are tight and will be strictly enforced. But such conditions often bring out the best in truly creative minds.

Good luck to you!

-Ken Tanaka-
Co-Executive Producer
Lady X Films
www.LadyXFilms.com

Kevin Maistros October 11th, 2003 06:24 AM

Thanks for the opportunity. I'll be sure to try and get in on this.

Kevin Maistros October 11th, 2003 10:35 AM

HAHA, I just noticed my clothing company was already in one of the Lady-X films. Episode 10, the Fiction Clothing Fbox shirt on the black guy. How random.

Keith Loh October 11th, 2003 12:49 PM

Sue!

Chris Hurd October 12th, 2003 01:26 AM

What a co-inkydink!

Bryan Mitchell October 14th, 2003 05:03 PM

I only have 10 days left to write this!!!!

:: Opens final draft / paces around pool thinking ::

edit: I think filming in my home town - Las Vegas - could make for a great episode.

Brian Huey October 17th, 2003 02:42 PM

So are you waiting until the all scripts are received and reviewed before deciding which three or is it going to be the first three scripts received and approved get the slots?

The "We will consider and accept scripts in the order in which we receive them" line is what's causing the question.

Thanks for the opportunity
Cheers,
Huey

Bryan Mitchell October 17th, 2003 03:00 PM

I too was thinking the very same thing because of the very same thing.

Brian Huey October 17th, 2003 04:08 PM

Great Bri(y)ans/minds think alike! Well, at least similar minds think alike...

Cheers,
Huey

Ken Tanaka October 17th, 2003 10:42 PM

Clarification and Update

The deadline dates, above, remain intact at this time. (We have already had one script submission.)

We may assign an episode or two before the October 24th application deadline, but at least one episode will remain open through October 24.

We will give preference to earlier applications. For example, if two episode slots are still open and we have three good scripts we will assign the slots to the earliest two we received.

Update: We have had a very late cancellation today (Episode 22) and we have two others that appear to be in great doubt of delivery. Consequently, we will probably accept more than three new episodes. (We have not yet had an opportunity to discuss the exact number.) So your chances of getting into the series are even better today than they were earlier this week. Put your imagination helmets on and start writing!

We will keep you informed here of any changes or further updates.

Dylan Couper October 18th, 2003 12:25 AM

Is this offer open to people that have already produced a Lady X film?
Just out of curiosity.

Ken Tanaka October 18th, 2003 01:10 AM

Nope. Sorry, Dylan. We really want to give new folks an opportunity.

Bryan Mitchell October 18th, 2003 01:41 AM

I'm really hoping to get a spot in this thing. I'm really excited. Still working on my script. Really excited about the extra openings too. Thanks for keeping everyone updated on the open call.

Bryan Mitchell October 24th, 2003 01:01 AM

I just finished my script, so its revisions and preproduction from here on, assuming I get a spot. Do I just email the script? In the kit, it talked about another web form with address information and stuff, but I was unable to locate it.

Thanks

Ken Tanaka October 24th, 2003 01:27 AM

Bryan,
Good! Yes, please just email your script to the address above. Don't worry about the Web form.