DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   In memory of Larry Quick, 1955-2002 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/1706-memory-larry-quick-1955-2002-a.html)

Chris Hurd April 20th, 2002 12:37 PM

In memory of Larry Quick, 1955-2002

Howdy from Texas,

For anyone in the Austin or South Texas area, and for anybody who does regular business with Pro-Tape (Professional Tape & Communication Supply), it is with deep regret that I must share with you news of the sudden and completely unexpected passing of Larry Quick, who suffered a massive heart attack yesterday and did not recover. Today would have been his 47th birthday.

Larry was Pro-Tape owner Craig Berlin's right-hand man and best friend in the business for many, many years and I knew him personally as well for a very long time. For those of you who also knew Larry, it is a big loss, but for those of you who were never aquainted with him, it is a loss as well, you guys won't know who you've missed. Larry was a superb individual, a big, friendly, witty and funny guy who always seemed to be in a good mood with something cheerful to say and a funny spin on things. If you think of the old expression, "it's been a pleasure doing business," Larry put the pleasure in doing business on a regular basis with a joke and a smile all the time. Plus, his vast knowledge of the industry was an invaluable resource for all Pro-Tape customers, myself in particular.

Those of you who know Pro-Tape from the various U.S. tradeshows, Larry was the big, friendly guy who *drove,* yes, *drove* to the shows with a trailer full of inventory. He had various routes to get from Austin through the desert to Las Vegas and back, or to Los Angeles or anywhere, and would drive by different routes to keep the scenery interesting, always accompanied everywhere he went, and at the Austin Pro-Tape office, by his dogs.

I feel sorry for myself right now and I feel sorry for Craig and the Pro-Tape family, and Larry's family as well, but I'll always have many fond memories of Larry as long as I live... the witty banter with him over the Pro-Tape counter in Austin on my regular forays there to buy media, how Larry for some reason would be the first friend I'd always run into at any given tradeshow, how he would easily make me laugh or smile no matter how bad a day I was having.

Larry will be sorely missed, but certainly not forgotten. A small service will be held at Umlauf Garden in Austin around 6pm on Tuesday April 23rd, and I hope anyone in the Austin area who knew Larry will join me in attending. Location details will be updated on the Pro-Tape store page at www.store.yahoo.com/protape/ and main page at www.pro-tape.com -- and private condolences may be sent to Larry's family and the Pro-Tape family via Craig Berlin at craigb@pro-tape.com

Many thanks and much respect,

Ed Frazier April 20th, 2002 03:51 PM

I did not know Mr. Quick, but by your heartfelt message to the members here, I can tell he was a special individual. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all those close to him.