Chris - Panasonic AG-DVX100 Watchdog at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:46 AM   #1
Space Hipster

Chris - Panasonic AG-DVX100 Watchdog

Chris:

I'm thinking this camera is a great candidate for a Watchdog site based on the excellent model you've built with the XL-1 site.

I'll offer to be a contributor, both basic HTML, content, reviews. I'm sure we can get Jan Crittendan to help us out, maybe even with a loaner cam etc. for reviews.

What do you think?

stephen@xiveren.com
Old May 13th, 2002, 11:23 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

You've been reading my mind, Stephen... I have a two-hour plane ride today and will be thinking about this along the way. Frankly I think loaners are going to be very scarce, but I have talked to Jan about your concept in person and she's all for it. We have until September so I think there's a good opportunity to put this in place before the camera is rolled out. Many thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2002, 11:33 AM   #3
Space Hipster

Kewl!

That's awesome. I realize loaners will be tough (though I'm sure someone will be selling one on ebay in August for CineAlta prices :)

But I still think it will be a useful and popular site based on interest on 2.pop, DV-L etc.

Keep me posted and let me know what I can do to help.
Old June 4th, 2002, 08:37 AM   #4
dniezby2

As a company that produces DV films for theatrical distribution we looked into this camera as a potential new tool.

We contacted our tranfer house and sent over the camera's specs for review. We were advised against it. Something about the way it captures the images will cause problems with the transfer.

If you're going to stay in video it might be good but chances are, if you're making movies with DV you've already got the equipment you need to make the movies look the way you want it to.
Old June 4th, 2002, 09:03 AM   #5
Space Hipster

What transfer house? There has been a lot of misinformation about how this camera processes data. My guess is the transfer house is minformed

If you're transferring to film, this camera would be ideal. The camera does capture 24 full frames, but when you digitize, your application must support assembling the correct 24 frames to transfer to film.

It will take some time for everyone to figure it out, application support and transfer house understanding/testing.

But especially for those going to film, this camera has the specs to deliver great 24fps film motion without artifacts.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements