DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   mac and PC non-linear editing forums (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/326559-mac-pc-non-linear-editing-forums.html)

Brian Parker August 26th, 2009 11:41 PM

mac and PC non-linear editing forums

I'd like to make a suggestion about the naming of the video editing software forums. I think the "Non-Linear Editing on the Mac " should be renamed to "Final Cut Suite" since 99% of the threads in their are about that software.

And "Attend the World Premiere" should be named "Adobe CSx" since so many of the editing tasks now get dished out (or dynamically linked) to other software programs.

If the forums were named like that, the people asking questions about adobe software on the mac would probably go to the CSx forum instead of the mac one, and more likely get more useful replies from others.

Matt Newcomb August 31st, 2009 04:19 PM

I'd second this. Avid has it's own forum and it is a Mac/PC product. So we can do the same with Adobe, and have Final Cut Studio be its own forum.

Daniel Bates September 1st, 2009 11:27 AM

Thirded! I, too, would like to see this updated.

Chris Hurd September 4th, 2009 04:56 PM

Thanks for the suggestions -- we'll implement these changes pretty soon.

Brian Parker October 5th, 2009 12:33 AM

Looking at it again, perhaps it would make sense to use the subforums feature to split up all of the software.

Renaming the "Editing on a mac" forum to "Final Cut Studio" would leave the imovie editors nowhere left to post, so instead we could have:

-"Editing on a Mac" General mac editing (software like iMovie)
- "Final cut studio"
- "Divergent media scopebox"

-"Editing on Windows" (General windows editing. Misc. software like windows movie maker
-"Sony Vegas"
-"Grass valley/ Edius"

-"Multi platform Editors"
-"Premiere"
-"Avid"

Chris Hurd October 8th, 2009 05:43 PM

I know it's been awhile, but I haven't forgotten about this... stay tuned.

Thanks again,

Boudewijn de Kemp October 28th, 2009 04:52 PM

still staying tunned...

Brian Parker January 6th, 2010 04:10 AM

bumpedy bump

Chris Hurd January 6th, 2010 09:06 AM

I appreciate the reminder. It'll have to wait just a few more days as I'm just about on my way out the door heading first to CES and then Imaging USA. If I haven't done this by next Wednesday, Jan. 13th, please bump this up again. Thanks,

David Clark January 6th, 2010 10:16 AM

Please take LOTS and LOTS of photos!!!!!! =)

Chris Hurd January 6th, 2010 12:06 PM

I always take lots and lots of photos! It's just a matter of taking some that are good enough to publish...

Chris Hurd January 17th, 2010 05:29 PM

Okay, done -- sort of. We're left with some redundancy:

High Definition Video Editing Solutions Forum at DVinfo.net

and

Non-Linear Editing on the PC Forum at DVinfo.net

Might take some time to reorganize these.

Brian Parker January 20th, 2010 11:27 PM

Much better!
Thanks a lot