DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Show Your DVi Pride Contest! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/467954-show-your-dvi-pride-contest.html)

Jenn Kramer November 18th, 2009 08:33 AM

Show Your DVi Pride Contest!

It's time for another contest! This time we wanted to let you show how proud we our of our awesome members, and how proud you undoubtedly are of us!

Crew Member Badges at DVinfo.net

The Skinny:

If you're a member or just a lurker who feels like part of the community, you can post one of our awesome new badges on your site (up to 3 sites entered into the contest per person) and then we'll pick three winning people at random and send you one of our three awesome prizes:

Prize 1 - Kodak Zi8 HD Pocket Video camera and 16 gig SDHC Card
Prize 2 - Download code for Philip Bloom's Learn 2 Shoot Great Video with the Canon EOS 7D Video
Prize 3 - PortaBrace PB-2400F Hardcase

The contest is open from now till 11:59pm US Central Time Tuesday, November 24th, 2009.

Good luck!

Chris Hurd November 18th, 2009 08:36 AM

Thanks Jenn -- really looking forward to this!

Shaun Roemich November 18th, 2009 06:50 PM

My site is due for a revamp and I'm THRILLED to have the option to acknowledge my presence on DVI but I won't be able to complete the changes in time for the contest. EXCELLENT idea though! Rest assured, the DVI Crew Member icon will be proudly displayed shortly on MY site!

Robert Martens November 18th, 2009 10:24 PM

I had to tweak your markup a little (my site's still HTML 4.01 Strict and I'm more than a little obnoxious about making sure it all validates), but between that and some CSS work on my existing elements I managed to find a spot to drop the 125x125 badge on my site. It's about time there's an official DVi button I can use to tell people about this place.

I both entered the contest and signed up for the newsletter mentioned at the bottom there; looking forward to its launch!

Andrew Smith November 19th, 2009 07:00 AM

But I wonder what it will mean for any clients who might visit my web site. It's not that I'm not proud of DVInfo.

Andrew

PS. I've realy got to get my web site done. One day. Soon.

John Stakes November 19th, 2009 07:55 AM

Great idea! Thanks! I found out about this on Twitter.

JS

Josh Chesarek November 19th, 2009 08:26 AM

I have had a link to DV info in my link section at the bottom of every page for some time now but I have now added the 125*125 image to all of my pages. The only one that does not have a partner section is my home page but 90% of my traffic is to sub-pages so they will see the badge from the start.

Jenn Kramer November 19th, 2009 08:55 AM

Thanks guys! And for your clients, if they click on the link knowing you're a member they'll know that you're keeping up to date with the smartest folks in DV!

Jenn Kramer November 19th, 2009 03:14 PM

After realizing that our Weekend Warriors don't really have a fair shot at a Wednesday to Friday contest, we've decided to extend the deadline for entries to 11:59pm Central Time Tuesday, November 24th. Now you have a whole week (more or less)!

Ervin Farkas November 23rd, 2009 12:03 PM

Thanks for the extension

I would have surely missed it... now I will proudly carry the logo on my website Ervin Farkas.

Thanks!

Jenn Kramer November 25th, 2009 10:41 AM

We're proud to announce the winners of our Show Your DVi Pride Contest! In no particular order:

Robert Martens
gyroshot.com

Andris Krastins
Our Fire film studio

David Clark
VideoLogicProductions & DavidClarkVideography

Thanks again to everyone who entered. The badges are still available at:

Crew Member Badges at DVinfo.net

And we'd love you to use them!

Chris Hurd November 25th, 2009 11:25 AM

Congrats, y'all -- and I'm pretty sure we'll run this deal again sometime soon. Thanks everybody!

Lorinda Norton November 25th, 2009 11:26 AM

Congratulations to all three guys!! So fun to see my pals Robert and Andris nab some cool stuff. :)

David Clark November 25th, 2009 11:30 AM

My acceptance speech....First off, I'd like to thank Jeff for the contest, and of course Chris. Without Chris none of this would've been possible....... =)

Now I have my first HD camera!

"It pays to click on to DVInfo.net" Was that too cheezy? =)

Robert Martens November 25th, 2009 12:44 PM

Thanks to Chris and Jenn for the contest, and to the whole of the site's membership for making this a place I don't hesitate to recommend!

I ran out of space in my camera bag a long time ago; as I'm sure I've mentioned in the past, I've got everything in there but my camera. This fancy PortaBrace case should help me keep things organized (me organized, ha!).

Congratulations, Andris and David! Hope you enjoy your new toys as much as I know I will mine.