DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Who is going to IBC? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/48128-who-going-ibc.html)

Chris Hurd July 22nd, 2005 08:59 AM

Who is going to IBC?

Howdy from Texas,

http://www.ibc.org/

IBC in Amsterdam from 9-13 Sep. is one of the industry's largest events. How many of our members are planning to be there? I'd like to go and have found affordable airfare for SAT-AMS, but I'm not sure of the time commitment. Just wondering if any of our European friends would be willing to report their experiences during IBC. In the past, most of the new toys hinted at during NAB usually show up in working condition at this show. Thanks in advance,

Mikko Wilson July 22nd, 2005 07:04 PM

I'm planning on going.

Went last year, and it was a blast!

Not sure on my travel dates yet.
I have yet to find a place to stay.. Anyone interested in sharing a room and splitting the cost?

- Mikko

Pete Bauer July 23rd, 2005 07:03 AM

Chris, if my day job allows for time off then -- currently it doesn't, but as you know well, that can change by the hour -- I just might use IBC as an excuse to get back over to Europe.

Ed Smith July 23rd, 2005 12:26 PM

The company I work for will be exhibiting there, but i'm not too sure at the moment if i'll be going.

I went last year for 2 days, and it was great.

Cheers,

Chris Hurd August 14th, 2005 10:57 PM

Just revisiting this subject to see who else is planning to go to IBC.

Cemil Giray August 15th, 2005 03:04 AM

Will be there on my way to Africa for a shoot. Thought I would fly KLM and just do a stopover for a day. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be really sweet if Panasonic had a surprise for us and announced early delivery of the HVX. hmm.

Jan Crittenden Livingston August 15th, 2005 04:09 AM

Hi,

I will be there and I believe the HX200 will be as well. Hope to see any of you that are there in the Panasonic Booth.

Best,

Jan

Cemil Giray August 15th, 2005 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Crittenden Livingston
Hi,

I will be there and I believe the HX200 will be as well. Hope to see any of you that are there in the Panasonic Booth.

Best,

Jan

Jan, when you say the 200 will be there... I'm assuming you mean just on display? I did not miss a delivery/sales announcement, did I?

Chris Hurd August 15th, 2005 07:01 AM

Hi Cemil,

I don't think Jan is at liberty to say, but look at it this way... don't you think it's fairly important that she's going all the way over to be there?

And for Jan...

Glad you get to go! Sure wish I could,

Cemil Giray August 15th, 2005 10:43 AM

Thanks Chris. And seeing as Jan is on this thread, I would just like to thank you for a great DVX100. We shot a documentary shown in 44 countries and could not have been happier. We now want to buy three HVX200 for a documentary for the Clinton Foundation and a series for the World YWCA but we're shooting in September and October. I am, frankly, quite sad at this point. I do not want to go for HDV, even as a stop gap. Here's hoping...

Pete Bauer August 15th, 2005 01:01 PM

Hey Chris,

Do you know yet whether or not you can break free to go to IBC?

Was thinking about joining you for the road trip, but my September work schedule is starting to harden like concrete. I'll have to decide very soon whether it is "fun at IBC" ... or stay at home straining my brain on Dylan's DV Challenge #3!

Chris Hurd August 15th, 2005 03:57 PM

Pete, unfortunately my schedule won't permit the trip this year, as I've got another commitment away from home at that exact same time frame. It would be great if you and your better half could go, as I'm looking for some folks who could represent a solid DV Info delegation and offer some reporting from the scene.

Perhaps we have some Eurpoean members who will be there? If so, tell me who you are!

Pete Bauer August 17th, 2005 09:17 PM

Chris, sorry to let you down but with the kiddo in school, my wife and I can't both go. I think she'd let me go if you chaperoned me so I didn't get into ANY trouble. So since you can't go, I'll have to pass.

Naw, she'd let me go (really!) but I'm not willing to rework my schedule to make a solo trip. I've been on the road for business too much lately and would only travel if it was a rockin' fun road trip with buddies.

Looks like I'll have to pony up and either enter or judge DV Challenge #3 that week. Any Europeans available to get DVinfo some reports on IBC?

Chris Hurd August 17th, 2005 10:01 PM

<< I think she'd let me go if you chaperoned me so I didn't get into ANY trouble. >>

Heh, fat chance. The two of us would be like foxes in a hen house. Not good.

Okay, so it's up to our European contingent -- please let me know who's going!

Simon Wyndham August 21st, 2005 02:17 AM

Chris, I should be able to get some good info for you. I'm not going, but I know someone that is.