Mobile and Live Truckin new forum? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:05 PM   #1
Major Player

Mobile and Live Truckin new forum?

Hi everyone. I make half my living doing corporate video and the other half working on mobiles shooting sporting events. I have been looking for a place like DVinfo but one that dealt with live TV. I was wondering if there would be enough interest on this forum for Chris to make a Mobiles Thread that we could talk about our experiences, new gear, old trucks and the like. I know I would like a place to do that and I hope there are a few more of you out there that would like that as well. Thanks.
Old August 4th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #2
Major Player

I'd be for it & would probably spend some time there if it was added.
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:18 AM   #3
Inner Circle

How about webcasting in the section too?

We use webcasting to cover amateur racing events. A great way to broadcast a live event when there isn't much budget.

I'm looking to get an older and very cheep camper to convert to a production rig for webcasting. This might be a good section to share the project with anyone else interested.
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Trustee

Calvin I do exactly the same thing (half my income is from corporate and half from mobile sporting events) what kind of system do you set up? The one I use most often is the Evertz E-cas system on f900 bodies. It's a pretty sweet little setup, we do a mix of concerts and live events (Like ski shows, and I just wrapped the US open of Surf yesterday which was crazy but awesome and the entire event was streamed live online.
Old August 9th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #5
Major Player

Nick, Next time you do a live event online send me an email I'd like to see it. What do you use to stream. Right now I mainly work for Dome Productions and CBC on their multi million dollar trucks. I am in the planning process to build my own "mobile" for the local minor sports and right now I am looking at the Tricaster or a Broadcast Pix system. I have a JVC HM 700 camera and I think I am going to go that route to keep costs down. My final output will be online and DVD's for the kids families.
Old August 18th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #6
Major Player

Streaming...one word...OCTOSHAPE. I will dance with no other now...
Greg Bellotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 02:09 AM   #7
Major Player

I would definitely be interested.
Old September 7th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Count me in as well.
Chris Ficek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Would be nice.. wondering who else uses Grass Valley camera's and such :)
Sander Vreuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Good idea, I'd be interested. I spent many years camping out in all the best venue parking lots in the country for the likes of ESPN, Fox Sports, ect. Ahh memories of picking up miles of frozen video cable @ 2AM.
Tom Majeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #11
Major Player

I work a lot of hockey up in the great white north. I feel your pain with the frozen cables. The worst is when you are doing bobsled and everything is a home run of maxi and it is -30
Old September 11th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #12
Major Player

In my country at some broadcast companies are using this system:

http://www.triple-it.nl/wp-content/u...rminal-v30.pdf

No idea about the costs but I don't think I wanna know as well.....
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Been thinking.. got asked by a local health organisation to think about replacing their multicamera set.. such a subforum would be great for questions like that as well.
Sander Vreuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #14
Major Player

What do they have right now for a multi camera set and what are they looking at going to?
Old September 18th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #15
Regular Crew

They currently have a 3 camera set of Sony PD170's. It sents composite + RCA audio L/R through a 25 meter long 26 pin multicore cable, which also contains intercom (Clearcom/ASL) and a tally light. Then it goes through a Panasonic AW-SW350 and is recorded composite onto a DVcam recorder. The RCA audio goes to a small audio mixer and into the recorder.

The composite means the system is not that high quality, however for it's purpose it's quite sufficient at the moment. It's currently broadcasted internally in the organisation (For mentally handicapped people) and they also partially shoot with the camera's. They have manfrotto LANC remotes on sachtler tripods, so we use them on automatic for them.
The internal system is 4:3 SD at the moment, so we can only input composite. They are looking at upgrading to a newer file based system so we will have more options.

They are looking at replacing one of the PD170's right now, since one got turned over to another organisation. I was looking into 3x XF105 on the long term, with 7 inch Lilliput HDMI monitors on top, sending HD-SDI through the multicore (if that works..) directly to a AW-HS50. That will output DVI multiviewer to a screen in front of you and send HD-SDI to a blackmagic converter to analogue (for projectors etc) and a AJA KI mini pro for recording.

Atleast that was what my plan was atm :) It can change depending on funds available and if they want anything else.
Sander Vreuls is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements