DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   email notifications- delayed? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/492312-email-notifications-delayed.html)

Jeff Harper February 26th, 2011 12:49 PM

email notifications- delayed?

Chris, thanks again for helping with previous issue.

More recently, I'm not receiving consistent email notifications from the forum when a thread I'm following sees action.

I have had trouble with my email account recently, so I'm confused as to whether the problem is with my email or with the site.

What is happening is I'll get notifications sometimes days after a post is made. They just seem to show up as if they've been lost for awhile.

Not a hugh deal, but thought I'd check in with you to see what your thoughts might be.

Trond Saetre February 28th, 2011 11:48 AM

Re: email notifications- delayed?

Jeff, you are not the only one experiencing this problem.
To me it happens once in a while. Sometimes I get instant notification as it should be, sometimes a couple days late.

Jeff Harper February 28th, 2011 11:53 AM

That is actually great news, thanks for sharing. I've not noticed this happening in the past here, and was paranoid my email provider was screwing up.

I also noticed until those email notifications show up, the repsonses do not seem to show up in the thread, which is even stranger, unless I just didn't seem them because I hadn't got notice, or if they indeed were not showing up...

Trond Saetre February 28th, 2011 11:56 AM

Now I got an instant notification about your last post.
But over in the UWOL challenge forum, there are lots of posts I am still "waiting" to be notified about.

I have also found that sometimes you will not get any further notifications unless you log in to the forum.
Maybe this is so your email won't get overloaded? Not sure.

The last issue you mention about posts not showing up. I believe this was an issue a long while ago, but I haven't noticed this in months now.

Jenn Kramer February 28th, 2011 03:01 PM

I've tweaked some email settings in our forum software which may help. I'm not seeing any errors, so I don't have any explicit issues to track down yet.

Jeff Harper February 28th, 2011 03:21 PM

Thanks, Jenn...I don't know, I have a nagging feeling the issue could actually still be with my email, but I'm super paranoid about that right now anyway, so who knows what is happening.

Trond Saetre February 28th, 2011 03:34 PM

Jeff:

I got an immediate email notification about Jenn's post. How about you?

Did not receive anything about your latest post, but that is normal and expected since I did not log in here between your and his posting in the same thread.

So at the moment it appears as it is working properly for me.

Jeff Harper February 28th, 2011 03:44 PM

I did get it. It's only occasionally they don't show up, and it is usually in batches of three or four, for some reasons, and they all happened at different times.

Trond Saetre February 28th, 2011 03:51 PM

That's pretty much my experience too.