DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Private Messages (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/505055-private-messages.html)

Lloyd Ubshura February 6th, 2012 12:23 PM

Private Messages

Am I going blind? I cannot seem to find my private messages sent to/from me. Can someone PLEASE direct me where I would find these?

I feel stupid for asking, but I've looked everywhere for them on here (everywhere but where they are, apparently).

Thanks,guys.

Jerry Porter February 6th, 2012 12:25 PM

Re: Private Messages

The don't exist here you have to send an email.

Jerry Porter February 6th, 2012 12:27 PM

If you put your curser over the name of the person you want to get in contact with you will see a drop down box with the email option.

Lloyd Ubshura February 6th, 2012 12:57 PM

I guess I don't get it.

I posted something for sale and I have two people saying they sent me an email. I don't have an email from them. All I got was the canned response from DVINFO sent as an email that someone had replied to my post.

I see the reply, but I have no email from the sender and no way of contacting them other than on the open forum.

What am I doing wrong?

Jerry Porter February 6th, 2012 01:02 PM

Check your SPAM filter maybe?

Lloyd Ubshura February 6th, 2012 01:14 PM

Thanks. Apparently it's not working form me. I don't have anything in my spam folder.

Is there any way to change the email address associated with your account here on DVInfo? I'd like to switch it to a gmail account.

Chris Hurd February 6th, 2012 02:46 PM

We don't have a PM (private message) system here. Trust me on this one.

System email has been somewhat flaky recently. We're looking into that problem.

For now, the best way to handle a change of email on your account is to contact me directly:

chris at dvinfo dot net

...and I'll take care of it for you myself. Hope this helps,

Denis Danatzko August 20th, 2012 06:46 PM

Re: Private Messages and E-Mail

I've been hanging out here on/off for 6 years and recently tried sending my first PM. In the past, I've seen others mention that they've sent PMs, so I tried, but ended up having to send E-mail. That's fine, but I'm not positive my E-mail was sent or rec'd, and not sure if a reply was sent to me.

Is there any way I can check here? Or must I rely entirely on my E-mail address as listed in my Contact Info/Profile? Has the flakiness noted back in Feb. been resolved?
Thanks.

Chris Medico August 20th, 2012 06:58 PM

I just sent you one Dennis. See if you get it.

Pete Bauer August 20th, 2012 08:02 PM

See the Feb 6th email from Chris Hurd, owner of Dv Info Net. When people say PM here, they really mean sending an email from a link in the person's user profile. There is no "instant message" functionality, and that is by choice.