Another forum suggestion - recommended dealers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old October 26th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #1
Major Player

Another forum suggestion - recommended dealers

How practical would it be to have a sub forum where members could post positive experiences they have had with good dealers they have bought kit from ?

Perhaps it could be split into continents , then countries ?

The only rule would be against negative comment which could cause trouble .
Derek Heeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Another forum suggestion - recommended dealers

So how could readers interpret the lack of comments about a prominent dealer?
Steve Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Another forum suggestion - recommended dealers

I think this one is going to fall at the first hurdle.

This site has a strictly "sponsors only" notification policy, meaning that only sponsors get linked to by members (sort of) and only Sponsors have feedback rights in their own particular Forum.

Of course, it being an American centric site, this puts any "non American" suppliers at something of a disadvantage, as I don't think there are many non American sponsors, if any.

Does this mean I don't link to non sponsors? Nope, I put up B. Hague in the UK all the time to individual posters, especially for those members in the EU, as I have had significant dealings with that company,

Not to be outdone, anyone who has not picked up on my cosy relationship with both Vinten (UK) and Sachtler (Germany) must be living under a DVinfo boulder.

I have in the past tried to push for a, well, I'll let you read through it, here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-...s-somehow.html

This would have made it infinitely easier to organise feedback within either a specific country or geographical area, eg: the EU, but, alas, it came to nought.

If you wish to post in that thread and fire it up again, feel free, I've tried it about 6 times, who knows, maybe its time has come.

However, it will take a concerted effort by one of the large "non American" memberships - UK/ EU, to hammer it mercilessly, using the good 'ol "squeaky hinge" concept.

I think this is about as close to what you're asking for as it gets possible to do here, if you can persuade the "powers that be" that it's in their interest to do so.

Who knows, it may pave the way for more foreign (non American) sponsors if geographic centric Forums exist, at least there's a dedicated audience if it's in place.

I have given this a great deal of thought over the years and would still like to see it happen, but it all comes down to money - is there anything in it sponsor wise, 'cos it won't be exactly cheap (not that all design/ improvement changes here are moolah driven, but this one's a biggie!).

Regards,

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements