DV "ER" or DV 911!!!!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old September 27th, 2005, 12:39 PM   #16
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Barker
Too little, too late, Ken. I'm hurt. I'm really hurt. As I always do, I gave a well-reasoned and concise argument, only to be trashed and treated as one would a child. I'm going to sell my XL2 and retire to Yemen, where they've never heard of the goddam thing and where I can get a little R*E*S*P*E*C*T!
Sorry. Should I, therefore, move your post to: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=16 ? <g>

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2005, 01:51 PM   #17
Major Player

Kind of an off-shoot of the same idea.

Earlier someone mentioned the fact that you can look at the "New Posts"

What if when posting a message to the proper forum (audio, lighting, specific camera, nle, etc.) you could check a box that signified that your post was urgent.

Then in addition to the "New Posts" button there could be an "Urgent Posts" button. This would allow users to browse and answer the most recent posts with an "urgent" status, but keep posts in the proper forum.

I'm not sure how easy this would be to implement.

As far as keeping the urgent posts cleaned up.... what if the original poster had the option to disable the urgent status when they feel they have a satisfactory answer. Or if the thread sits in-active for three or four days the system could automatically remove the urgent status.

The "Urgent" feature would no doubt need some established rules/guidelines for its use. Also a moderator would still be needed to look over things, but for the most part urgent posts could be fairly self-sufficiant.
Old September 27th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #18
Regular Crew

I believe that was me you were referring to about my reference to the New Posts page.

My earlier statement:
The New Posts page provides this function right now but contains posts for every forum including non-emergency posts and the DV 911 forum would list all urgent posts ONLY!

The idea is to have no threads but just posts in this special forum.

Anyway, that's a good idea about being able to flag your post to make it stand out and stay in its correct forum but as it has been pointed out, what is the definition of urgent? I think it's fair to say some folks will abuse this just because they are impatient and not because their situation is truly urgent. This would have to be done on the honor system which is like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

Last edited by James Emory; September 27th, 2005 at 07:36 PM.
James Emory is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements