DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Lady-X in Metro Newspaper (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/52571-lady-x-metro-newspaper.html)

Christopher Hughes October 11th, 2005 05:00 AM

Lady-X in Metro Newspaper

Lady-X just got a mention in today's free METRO newspaper for the UK 10/10/05. It is in the column about "The best sites for...Webisodes" on p25.

It says:
" LADY X Films
An interesting idea for a spy/underworld thriller, this has a mystery female at the centre of every three to seven-minute episode. Each story comes from an independent filmmaker from around the world and the tale must start with a 'mystery lady' arriving in a town to give instructions to the local gangster/operative/whatever. After that they can put their unique style on the episode. www.ladyxfilms.com "

So looks like all those who have done the Lady X films continue to gain their bit fame and perhaps got a lot of more hits on the website today after this article. Inspiring more film makers to perhaps even greater accomplishments.

Well done to those Lady X'ers

Chris Hurd October 11th, 2005 10:43 AM

Thanks for this news! Moved to DV Info Net announcements.

Somebody forward this to John Locke please!

Keith Loh October 11th, 2005 10:44 AM

Anyway we can see a scan of this?

Ken Tanaka October 11th, 2005 11:21 AM

How cool! I will send it on to John. I suspect Rob will see it here. Thanks so much for posting this, Christopher!

K. Forman October 11th, 2005 12:00 PM

All I can say is, after all the hard work those guys put into Lady X, they don't deserve to be called "filk makers". I don't know what that means, but it sounds nasty... ;)

Congrats everyone!

Chris Hurd October 11th, 2005 12:08 PM

Typo corrected, Keith!

Daniel Kohl October 11th, 2005 12:24 PM

Is this a sign that someone should start thinking about organizing a "Lady-Y"?

... Dylan?

Keith Loh October 11th, 2005 01:30 PM

"Filk".. *shudder*

Anyone who's ever been to a science fiction convention knows what I mean.

K. Forman October 11th, 2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Typo corrected, Keith!

Thanks Chris... Just having fun, and keeping everyone on their toes :)

John Locke October 12th, 2005 06:46 AM

So Lady X still lives! I thought she was in seclusion in Belorussia after a botched plastic surgical procedure. Now suddenly she winds up in the UK in a major publication. Just like her. A well planned smoke screen, no doubt.

Thanks for the head's up, Christopher. That's great to hear. I'll keep an eye on the site stats and let you guys know if there are any spikes in the number of visitors.

John Locke October 13th, 2005 07:58 PM

There was definitely a response to the mention in Metro. For that day, we went from our normal 450-500Mb daily bandwidth usage up to 2.1Gb. Next day it dropped to 1.3GB, still substantially higher than normal.

The number of actual visitors hasn't really increased that much over the normal daily average.. which means the people who visited were taking the time to watch quite a few of the episodes.

We've experienced several spikes since the series concluded--one about a year ago suddenly put us over our 5Gb per day limit. Still wondering what caused that.

Fun. It's good to know the viewers are still coming.

Barry Gribble August 17th, 2008 12:28 PM

So what ever happened to the Lady X site? Are the films still available somewhere? Did the finale ever get made?